Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky ( Wildcat ) State Match

i have a tough question for you. last was the first year i missed since Gary started the 3 gun champshipion. making this a 2 day match has really put a twist on it for me.

can you give me a honest guess on what we would be leaving the range? Sunday

i do know it is almost impossible to say for sure but just a best quess.

The 2 day format really puts a twist in it for me also... :( I am going to try to make it also, though.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a tough question for you. last was the first year i missed since Gary started the 3 gun champshipion. making this a 2 day match has really put a twist on it for me.

can you give me a honest guess on what we would be leaving the range? Sunday

i do know it is almost impossible to say for sure but just a best quess.

The 2 day format really puts a twist in it for me also... :( I am going to try to make it also, though.

It will be worth it, that is about all I can say right now :rolleyes:

Just to make this match even better.

The Owensboro Rifle and Pistol Club is working on a shooting bay out to 200 yards. Dirt work should start in a couple weeks and be completed in time for the State match.

i do not know if that is good or not? in past gary has always made the 100 yard bay tough! i dread thinking what he will do with a 200 yard range :unsure:

Edited by RWF

• 2 weeks later...

Are we for sure going back to one day format? I need to make vacation plans at work, and get the app in the mail.

HUH?? Is it now one day or two? I already have a hotel booked for 2 nights and will need to cancel Sat night if this is the case.

Are we for sure going back to one day format? I need to make vacation plans at work, and get the app in the mail.

HUH?? Is it now one day or two? I already have a hotel booked for 2 nights and will need to cancel Sat night if this is the case.

The Match will be a one ONE DAY format. I think I am the only person who liked the 2 day format. The one day has always worked out well for us in the past. The main match will be on Sat. with staff still shooting on Thur and/or Fri. Shooters meeting will be at 7:45 AM Sat. with first round down range at 8:00 AM. Shooter packets will available at the range Fri. afternoon and Sat Morning.

Everything is on track for the match. Sam Keen has agreed to serve as RM. Most of you know Sam. He is running for USPSA President, is MD for the Mississippi MG, MD for the Memphis charity Match, and has shot in our club a few times.

We now have a 200yd range. Also we should have a new moving tgt system ready for the match. There will be eight stages to be posted in the next two weeks.

Gary,

Sounds like another good match. I'll see you there!

(For the record I voted for a 2 day format...too many good places to eat in O-town to just spend one night...but I'll go with the flow!)

Edited by GunCat

The Match will be a one ONE DAY format. I think I am the only person who liked the 2 day format. The one day has always worked out well for us in the past. The main match will be on Sat. with staff still shooting on Thur and/or Fri. Shooters meeting will be at 7:45 AM Sat. with first round down range at 8:00 AM. Shooter packets will available at the range Fri. afternoon and Sat Morning.

Everything is on track for the match. Sam Keen has agreed to serve as RM. Most of you know Sam. He is running for USPSA President, is MD for the Mississippi MG, MD for the Memphis charity Match, and has shot in our club a few times.

We now have a 200yd range. Also we should have a new moving tgt system ready for the match. There will be eight stages to be posted in the next two weeks.

I for one was happy with the 2 day but as long as I get to shoot it I dont care. I just wish I could grab a shower somewhere after so I dont smell so bad for a 4 hour drive home.

Maybe I can use a hose at the range and put on a show :goof:

Edited by tnek

Ok guys you heard it from the main man, one day format, moving target system, new 200 yard bay.... :goof: Gary, you think they will be able to see and hit the clay pigons@ 200 yards on the moving target system :goof::goof::goof::cheers:

You know us Chris, we'll try almost anything "ONCE".... :wacko:

Im assuming if our check was cashed we are good to go? Just need to find a hotel for Friday night and Im G2G and ready to come shoot!

Gary is taking care of the money end, I would say you are correct if he cash it you are G2G, see ya match day.. :cheers:

On the way back home yesterday from Knob Creek Gary, Dave, and myself stoped at the range, I wanted to see the new 200 yard rifle bay. Gary showed me what he has instore for the match, I swear I say this every year THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST ONE YET :surprise: The ones who will not be able to make the match, will miss out on a national caliber match shot as a state match in oneday format :cheers: