Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky ( Wildcat ) State Match

the results were sent out this morning in e-mail.

just a tad off subject

also even though i been sho0ting 3 gun for a few years this proves that i have been getting worse each year and that i truely belong in the AM class at the PRO/AM anyone shooting the PRO/AM who finish 12th or better should get bumped to Pro! :rolleyes:

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering , did anyone spin the MGM spinner, besides Gary ........ I was sure I was going to,but the the two steel on te ground to my right after the bridge didn't jump up high enought for me to see them and I ran right by them, buy the time I got to the spinner and shot it and birdshot hit it I knew then something was worng, it was suppose to be 00 buck ????? I BET ONE GUY SEEN THE TWO STEEL DOWN LOW TEY WOULD HAVE BEEN EYE LEVEL FOR HIM TO SEE, RIGHT ALBERT (ap3) :cheers:

Yes they were at eye level I figured it was that way for everybody :lol: Just remember I am always really faster than everybody else because I have to use twice as many steps to get to the same place on the stage as eveybody else :P

Edited by ap3

Thanks to Mr. Welborn and all the ROs who truly make this match happen. The stages all made you think. The sponsors were well respresented. My squad never fell behind. When we showed up at a stage the ROs were ready to run us, and even in the heat, they seemed happy to see us.

Squad one, you guys were all severely disfunctional, so I fit in the group pretty well. Hope to shoot with you all again.

Yes, it was a juvunile delequint kind of group. I am still laughing at your 9 volt battery joke. :roflol::roflol:

I went up to the car to try cool down for a while, mirror thermometer said 102. That's out in the sun. I let the engine run for 30min, it got up to 108. I came real close to being a heat casualty.

There is just no way to know if it's going to be that hot. In hindsight, I would have prefered the 2 day format. If it would have been 78-79, I'd like the 1 day. All you can do is pay your money, and take your chances.

The 1/3 targets showing the white side were freaky, but easier to pick up. And I didn't budge the spinner, but that's a shooter time trap anyhow. 200 yard stage killed me, but I was barely hanging on from the heat at that point. Saw some really talented tac optics shooters, stay in tac optics please!

Squad 5 did represent!

just a tad off subject

also even though i been sho0ting 3 gun for a few years this proves that i have been getting worse each year and that i truely belong in the AM class at the PRO/AM anyone shooting the PRO/AM who finish 12th or better should get bumped to Pro! :rolleyes:

You are getting worse because you are becoming a more rounded shooter. (rounded as in shape not skill)

It was a great match, and the RO staff was even better!

As others said, it was a bit "warm". But the huge coolers full of ice cold water at every stage was awesome.

I went thru the 10 16oz bottles I brought, by noon. I did spin the spinner- one shot to the bottom, one to the top, and another to the bottom. Got the 5 sec bonus. RO said it took about 5 secs to roll it! :roflol:

My thanks to a great crew for yet another fantastic match with deceptively challenging stages. Squad 7 you rocked and I could not have been in a better bunch of 3-gunners. The water on every stage was a life saver. The RO's were awesome....even in the heat they were friendly, professional and on top of their 'game'.

Glad I made the journey,

TC

just a tad off subject

You are getting worse because you are becoming a more rounded shooter. (rounded as in shape not skill)

That's rough Matt!

Robert, let me know if you want to lose weight, I can hook you up with the Shiner beer diet.

As others said, it was a bit "warm". But the huge coolers full of ice cold water at every stage was awesome.

I went thru the 10 16oz bottles I brought, by noon. I did spin the spinner- one shot to the bottom, one to the top, and another to the bottom. Got the 5 sec bonus. RO said it took about 5 secs to roll it! :roflol:

Hey Squad 8 buddy, sounds like you've made it home already.

Did you hear the temperature by mid-day today was down to 79 :surprise: (after the thunder storm)

Edited by GunCat

just a tad off subject

That's rough Matt!

Robert, let me know if you want to lose weight, I can hook you up with the Shiner beer diet.

i am damn sure need to do something, just got to see some of the video that Wanda took before she retreated to the A/C, i knew i had put weight on but damn you can not even see my belt buckle in the video!

I just about got the swinger to flip with only two rounds. I shot the bottom with buck, then two other steel with field, then hammered the top with buck. I hit the top one late and it went level but didn't flip. I nearly tied Gary's time without the flip. If it would have gone over it would have meant a stage win. That's what I meant earlier about places to go "hero" our you could shoot safe. I took the risk to split load buck and field. It was my best stage of the match.

What a match!

Great stages, great staff, warm weather....but it is a wet heat :surprise:

This match gets better ever year. Found my first tick just before first rounds went down range.

Thanks to Gary and staff for another superb match.

Dave

We actually sprayed the range for ticks a few days before the match. Well 3rd TacIron Mo did the spraying. I sat in the shade and held my nose. He did miss the spot where you were sitting. I was going to tell you, but it just didn't seem important. :D

My thanks to a great crew for yet another fantastic match with deceptively challenging stages. Squad 7 you rocked and I could not have been in a better bunch of 3-gunners. The water on every stage was a life saver. The RO's were awesome....even in the heat they were friendly, professional and on top of their 'game'.

Glad I made the journey,

TC

Congrats on the win!

Great match, thanks to everyone who helped put it on.

Hey Squad 8 buddy, sounds like you've made it home already.

Did you hear the temperature by mid-day today was down to 79 :surprise: (after the thunder storm)

Only an 8 1/2 hr drive home :wacko: Even had time for some yard work when I got back! Good to hear you made it home safe.

I went up to the car to try cool down for a while, mirror thermometer said 102. That's out in the sun. I let the engine run for 30min, it got up to 108. I came real close to being a heat casualty.

There is just no way to know if it's going to be that hot. In hindsight, I would have prefered the 2 day format. If it would have been 78-79, I'd like the 1 day. All you can do is pay your money, and take your chances.

The 1/3 targets showing the white side were freaky, but easier to pick up. And I didn't budge the spinner, but that's a shooter time trap anyhow. 200 yard stage killed me, but I was barely hanging on from the heat at that point. Saw some really talented tac optics shooters, stay in tac optics please!

Squad 5 did represent!

SQUAD 5!!! My day was shot on our last 2 stages when my Pistol mag failed and it was so hot I couldn't think straight enough to bring an extra like I usually do. Then our last stage as soon as I put 2rds on the mover I had an ammo fail haha.....

oh well, good match!

As others have stated, it was a fun match. I am already looking forward to next year. Having only shot IDPA and the Blue Ridge 3 Gun, I was not used to shooting with such clearly defined fault lines. It cost me a couple of procedurals during the match and I saw it get a couple of other shooters. It is something I need to work on. Many thanks to Gary and all the ROs. Great match.

I just about got the swinger to flip with only two rounds. I shot the bottom with buck, then two other steel with field, then hammered the top with buck. I hit the top one late and it went level but didn't flip. I nearly tied Gary's time without the flip. If it would have gone over it would have meant a stage win. That's what I meant earlier about places to go "hero" our you could shoot safe. I took the risk to split load buck and field. It was my best stage of the match.

I feel I had an advantage on the MGM swinger. As most know, we had the evil thing in a side match last year. Then I shot it many times with different loads at different distances working out the stage design for the side match, so I did not participate in the side match. It turned out not to have mattered as young Mr Sweeney bested us all and won the $100.00. It spun the easiest with the plates angled flat in both planes. I used TAP 00.

I walked through Stage 8 so many times during setup placing the plates just where the wanted to be that I could probably walked it blindfolded and pointed to the plates. The most awesome run of the day was Bryan Ray shooting it in 28 seconds with a pump gun.

Thanks to all of the staff that made this match possible. Each year, the stages keep getting more amazing.

It's not even Summer yet, OH MY!!!!

Cheryl

The stats crew says thanks for the brownies. I had the last one for breakfast this morning.

The most awesome run of the day was Bryan Ray shooting it in 28 seconds with a pump gun.

It was prety awesome from were I was standing too. But not nearly as memorable as the complete train wreck I had on stage 1! :) I'm still thinking I may have had the wrong eye closed.....

Thanks to all of the staff that made this match possible. Each year, the stages keep getting more amazing.

Cheryl

The stats crew says thanks for the brownies. I had the last one for breakfast this morning.

Gary - you & the stats crew are more than welcome.

Cheryl

BROWNIES :surprise: !!!!! SOMEONE HAD BROWNIES AND DIDN'T TELL ME :(

just a tad off subject

That's rough Matt!

i am damn sure need to do something, just got to see some of the video that Wanda took before she retreated to the A/C, i knew i had put weight on but damn you can not even see my belt buckle in the video!

Hell, Robert you don't need to lose weight, you just need a bigger belt buckle. Order you one from Texas.

Cheryl

Yep, that's why WE had brownies.....

Cheryl

Yep, that's why WE had brownies.....

My wife was working in the Stat Shack and she told me NOTHING about BROWNIES!!!