Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weak hand shotty reloads

Kyle O

A few more notes, as I am a skinny bastard, it is much easier to do with my Salient M2 at my shoulder then my Winchester SX2, weight and my M2 is just a ton easier to load then my SX2 even with more extensive mods to the loading area on my SX2. ....and it is always humbling to run the local match, even when I feel I did pretty well on most stages and then see kellyn's score. I am taking up Highpower as well for the education I need. Don't want to, need to! :lol:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, things are finally starting to look and feel how they are supposed to! Just have some rough edges to smooth out.

Thanks to everyone for the advice! Especially Kurt, Jesse, & West. :cheers: I'm really glad I asked for some help, as the "new way" is already beating the old times, and I've only been at it for a week.

So, here is the current culmination of all your help sofar. All, I got to do now is commit to some regular practice, and I hope I never have another "sure wished I'd practiced that weak hand reload" moment.

where or how did you get the modified lifter?

Local welder tacked on a plate to the bottom of lifter, I had previously cut the forks off.

Great work Kyle. I've got a ways to go...

Thanks Ryan

Well Steph could always show you how to do it right, or you could send me a video clip and I could critique it for you, but as you and I both know I am going to lie and you are going to do it bad in the video to make me think you actually need help. I thought you guys filmed everything, that is why so many of you get in trouble :roflol: See ya soon amigo! Kurt

This sequence and Kurts comments have inspired me to try practicing my weak-hand reloads keeping the gun at my shoulder. I had been thinking it looked too difficult but actually it seems no more difficult than loading with the gun off the shoulder. As a rank beginner I should be ready for the season by spring with some practice.

Thanks,

Eric

Ahhhhh and the infection spreads! In 2003 no one in Europe had ever even seen weakhand loading, and now it is quite common in IPSC action shotgun evens over there. It has taken Americans a bit longer but hey it is spreading. :roflol::devil:

Good stuff here!

Are any of you going to give a clinic at the AR15.COM RockCastle 3 Gun Match, or perhaps a guest appearance on the upcoming Novekse Shooting Team DVD?

Seriously.....I appreciate everyone sharing their experience/technique here. I got to remember to thank Al Gore for inventing the internet. This is good stuff here!

Good stuff here!

Are any of you going to give a clinic at the AR15.COM RockCastle 3 Gun Match, or perhaps a guest appearance on the upcoming Novekse Shooting Team DVD?

Seriously.....I appreciate everyone sharing their experience/technique here. I got to remember to thank Al Gore for inventing the internet. This is good stuff here!

Forget loading a shotgun. I want to learn from the Master Gort how to make beer.

Good stuff here!

Forget loading a shotgun. I want to learn from the Master Gort how to make beer.

I didn't know he made it? I thought he just made it disappear! :cheers: