Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weak hand shotty reloads

Kyle O

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't try to hold them flat. Kind of bunch them in your hand.

Now that is just the opposite of what I have been trying to do. Explain the bunch method please.

+1

This video that Keith Garcia did shows it better than I can describe it. Just don't try to hold them completely flat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIDDWPShfFY

Don't try to hold them flat. Kind of bunch them in your hand.

Now that is just the opposite of what I have been trying to do. Explain the bunch method please.

+1

This video that Keith Garcia did shows it better than I can describe it. Just don't try to hold them completely flat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIDDWPShfFY

Here is a recent video of my reloading of the SLP.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, here is the full evolution of my technique sofar.

I was just playing around, and was beating the timer EVERY TIME!

But, when the camera comes on, it all goes to hell fast... :roflol:

I just can't make myself post a video without including some of the screw-ups. It makes for a better flavored film. ;)

I recorded a few a couple months back when it was still cold outside. I don't know how to edit and splice videos, so I only uploaded one of the best. How's my hair????

This was take #298:

• 3 weeks later...

I've started practicing again. Before the Texas Multigun Champ's I was beating a par time of 8 sec about 6/10 times. This week I had to move my par time to 7 sec after I started to consistently beat 8 sec. I'm back to about 6/10 at 7 sec. Hopefully soon I will be taking it down to 6. :D

I keep forgetting to bring the camera out - I try to record the next secession.

Last night's practice Secession:

Looking good. The last thing I want to hear during a stage is a sqauking RO...your trigger finger position may get a few ROs yelling "trigger" at you.

Thanks! Yea, I noticed that in the video. It's not on the trigger. Its on the line between the trigger group and receiver, but it sure does look like it is on the trigger. I'll see if I can work on repositioning it.

For practice purposes, the safety is on and those are dummy shells :D .

Edited by prreed10

I don't have much time to practice, but I started to do some a few weeks ago...Just finished,

Load 8, weakhand traditional caddies, could not beat a 10 second par time in 10 tries.

Load 8 weakhand, TWinS from the FSL caddie, beat 6 second par time 6 out of 10 tries.

Load 8 weakhand, TWinS from the SSL vest, beat 5.5 second par time 8 out of 10 tries.

Wait till next week you will some new stuff :cheers:

I don't have much time to practice, but I started to do some a few weeks ago...Just finished,

Load 8, weakhand traditional caddies, could not beat a 10 second par time in 10 tries.

Load 8 weakhand, TWinS from the FSL caddie, beat 6 second par time 6 out of 10 tries.

Load 8 weakhand, TWinS from the SSL vest, beat 5.5 second par time 8 out of 10 tries.