Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what breed is she?

ormondopen

I have a Weim and she looks real close to her but her snout looks longer than my dogs. I would venture it is a Weim/Doberman mix, if it was a greyhound it would be bigger I would guess.

post-5270-005155000 1293845864_thumb.jpe

Edited by boynty77

She appears to me to be straight-up, 100% dobie. She has a doberman head, body and color -- very pretty girl. Is her tail docked? I am glad to see that her ears are not cropped. Ciao.

-br

no, she still has and will keep a normal length tail.

update:

she is doing much better and gaining weight. she also has gotten her personality back which is very "touchie/feelie/lickie". she is a little food aggressive but I expected that and it should subside once she gets more comfortable around my other dog.

She looks identical to Sally, the dog that walked up to my aunt's house early last summer and never left. She has been a great pet, and showed perfect timing since the old boxer that used to live there passed weeks before.

Sharon's vet is convinced that Sally is a Weim / Doberman mix.

She looks a lot like an Hungarian Vizsla.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vizsla

That was my thought also, especially with the description of her personality.

No matter though, rescued dogs always seem to know where/what they came from.

We have two Vizslas at the house. She's a little Vizsla-looking but I think more Doberman-mix with the pointy snout and Weimaraner the coloring .

The touchie-feely-lickie is very much Vizsla. If you wake up with her next to you under the covers, probably some Vizsla in there.

The $60 dog breed DNA tests you can get are pretty cool. My rescued "Aussie cattle dog" ended up testing as a German Shepherd - Rotty mix.

The touchie-feely-lickie thing describes my Dobie to a tee. When you take her for a walk she always wants to hold your hand in her mouth. She'll come up from behind you and pick up your hand and just hold it real soft. If she's laying on her cushion beside you in the den, every few minutes she has to get up and lick your hand just to make sure you know she's still there.

I had a Vizsla for ten years.

I currently have petfinder.com set up to send me emails when either Weimaraner, GSP or Vizsla pups become available. so I get at least 9 emails from them each week.

which also happens to include all the various mixes with those breeds. Weimaraner plus black lab...vizsla plus pit bull.... GSP's + german shepherds.

I have seen weimaraner plus vizsla mixes and they look nothing like what the OP's pics look like. their coloring is just....weird....kinda like blonde.

so my guess is dobie. and the other half is definitely weimaraner.

She looks a lot like an Hungarian Vizsla.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vizsla

That was my thought also, especially with the description of her personality.

No matter though, rescued dogs always seem to know where/what they came from.

We have two Vizslas at the house. She's a little Vizsla-looking but I think more Doberman-mix with the pointy snout and Weimaraner the coloring .

The touchie-feely-lickie is very much Vizsla. If you wake up with her next to you under the covers, probably some Vizsla in there.

The $60 dog breed DNA tests you can get are pretty cool. My rescued "Aussie cattle dog" ended up testing as a German Shepherd - Rotty mix.

Yep, that's their personality. I got a mix and she is a high affection maintenance critter. And to top it off she only fetched 1 duck for me.

Now just swims out to look and let me know it's still in the middle of the pond. :blink: