Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your setup?

XDman

Blade-Tech DOH but with a Tech-Loc attachment...I use this for both Production and 3 gun matches. Sometimes you just want to drop the holster for some 3 gun stages and I really like my Tech-Loc attachments. I use the same Blade-Tech magazine pouches (with Tech-Loc attachments) and CR Speed belt. I too have my first magazine in my cargo pocket for the Make Ready command in both disciplines. I only use high cap magazines and not 10 rounders...then no barney magazine is needed for production. Yes, I live life on the edge!

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

RLTW,

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

IDPA- Blade Tech holster. CR speed mag pouches

USPSA LIM- DAA Race master holster. DAA belt+ mag pouches

I did my first couple of years with total Blade Tech - DOH plus pouches. Then a guy I shoot with recommended the CR Speed Versa and I got three of the double. Didn't like the belt loop on there so modded out the pouch and bracket to work with TechLoc from my BladeTech stuff and works real slick. I havn't had any big matches to try with yet but in dry fire exercises workes real well. My belt is also a hybrid - Double AA outer and CR inner. The AA is stiffer for outer but week on the inner and visa versa for CR. Sort of strange but workes for me.

I started shooting production a bit this year too and my setup is similar to everyone else's. Bladetech DOH w/tek lok, 3 pro series competition single mag pouches w/tek lok and a CR Speed belt (for now).

Sacramento Black Rifle stocks most all of the Blade-tech goods so it's nice to be able to pick it up in a store.

Safariland belt, mag pouches, and holster with a suede liner. The new belt system is the best idea in rigs in a long time, one base belt and the clip on feature that allows any position with different components.

Rich

Guess I'll pile on: Bladetech DOH, CR Speed Belt, two "XD Gear" mag pouches, starter mag in my front pocket with 11 rounds. Saving my pennies for a couple of the Bladetech double mag pouches, and a trigger job. Honestly though, my gear is not holding me back ; ).

That is the trouble with having good equipment - if you suck it is you and not your equipment - almost worth going out and getting a HiPoint for production rather than my 4P CC 5.25. Heck are they even legal for production?? Just checked - guess not. Renews my faith in NROI.

• 1 month later...

I am running Ready Tactical mag pouches and Ready Tactical DOH holster.

I am using Wilderness Belt right now as my L10 gear is on my CR Speed Belt and I have not decided what belt system to buy for the Production gear.

I really have only shot two matches with the XD Tac9 so I cannot say a whole lot about the gear but the pouches and holster worked fine on those two outings.

+1 for the Bladetech from shootersconnection.com they had a left handed DOH for my xdm 5.25 in stock, when I called Bladetech they said they would have to make it and it would be 3-4 weeks. Plus the discount for being a BE.com member. I used the xd gear mag pouch in a compition once and had a awful time with it. It kept catching the top round of the mag when I drew the mag from it and knocking it out of my hand. Needless to say using Bladetech double mag pouch now too.

I run and XDM40 for Limited/Limited 10. Bladetech DOH, CR Speed belt, (4) XDM40 mags with Canyon Creek 140mm extensions and (1) stock mag, (2) DAA pouches, (1) CR Speed pouch, (1) basic double mag pouch.

XDM has a Powder River trigger kit, Pistolgear magwell, Dawson sights, and a steel guiderod.

Right now, shooting L/L10 with this set-up, but once I make my current goals of B-Class for each, I will adjust everything for production and see what I can do there.

I'm shooting production class with my XD9 tactical. Rig setup is Safariland 032 belt, 030 underbelt, 5198 holster with Quick KIT-1, 771 mag pouch 1st 2 and 3 773 mag pouchs all with ELS-kit1. The Quick kit and Els kit makes it easy to remove the holster and pouches.

Slightly off topic, but for those of you running CR speed mag pouches, what inserts are you using? Mine came with three inserts but non seem to hold the mags correctly, 1 is really tight and the other two seem really loose.

Shooting an XDm 9mm 5.25 in production. CR Speed belt, Blade Tech DOH holster (thanks Shooters Connection), 2 double mag pouches I got off Ebay ($16 each shipped, been happy with them so far) and 5 mags.