Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com/ Rockcastle ProAm 3 Gun Championship

My favorite wasn't at the range. It was when we checked in to our hotel. When we asked the gal behind the desk if there was any place good to eat she ended up naming an obvious mexican establishment and said (in a southern drawl), "They have great chimichanga's, its mexican!" :roflol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite wasn't at the range. It was when we checked in to our hotel. When we asked the gal behind the desk if there was any place good to eat she ended up naming an obvious mexican establishment and said (in a southern drawl), "They have great chimichanga's, its mexican!" :roflol:

I heard almost exactly the same response....did you stay at the Sleep Inn ?

I heard almost exactly the same response....did you stay at the Sleep Inn ?

Yes!

After the event I was a feeling a bit -out of it- but real happy about One of my stages.

I helped Scott at the Vortex table and did not hang around the score board. I thought some of the guys were pulling my leg when they told me That I placed 17th. <_< thought that was just a bit mean but I probably deserved the ribbing.

after a few more friend got the story the same I started to believe it. :blink: I hadn't event looked at the prize table close.

So many top shooters at one event.

Well tonight was the fist time that I got to see the final results. :goof: This is the most luck I have ever had at a shooting event. I feel like I just looked at the winning Lottery ticket. :D

Edited by AlamoShooter

I was a score keep RO on Pro stage 6 and the Daniel Defense guys came to the stage. During the match on of the gents transitioned from rifle to pistol and as he was leaving the car/rifle and bringing up his pistol to shoot the first paper pistol target, he tripped on one of the fault line nails causing him to fall forward. He had so much energy moving forward, now he's on all threes with pistol in hand, gun elbow rubbing the ground, and he's headed straight for a barrel stack. Man he hit that barrel like a good linebacker...head and left shoulder...took out the barrel stack, got back up and proceeded to engage paper targets. Had to call a chop block on him after time was called.

Later, I saw the Daniel Defense guys in the winery and said "Hey, the football team...wussup guys!"

Earlier had a guy fall in same area...only the forward energy had him scrapping his knee on stones and gravel about 8 feet....yea it was bloody.

Yeah those nails were a hazard. Had to pay special attention to those on several stages so as not to become a football player :ph34r:

One guy on our squad tripped over those stupid nails and tore his leg up pretty badly. He kept his pistol pointed downrange as he hit the dirt but it did ruin what would have been a great stage for him.

Yeah those nails were a hazard. Had to pay special attention to those on several stages so as not to become a football player :ph34r:

One guy on our squad tripped over those stupid nails and tore his leg up pretty badly. He kept his pistol pointed downrange as he hit the dirt but it did ruin what would have been a great stage for him.

I know the feeling <_<. Different stage, but same concept.

If you aint wreckin, you aint racin? B)

That is true , But if you don't know ware your feet are your not training, that's one of the few things I get rite.

<_< And now I am going to go and trip on the dust in my yard with a cup of Coffey in my hand

Edited by AlamoShooter

Jesse...remember I told him that we had some pasters and a staple gun...we could fix him up real quick to get him back in the game. :goof:

After a couple days to wind down I can finally spell enough to post. I had a great time ROing PRO 4. It was great seeing all the legends shoot the same stage and how they all had their own flavor. The stages were straight forward and fun. Cant wait to come back next year. I also found out shooting the match all in one day isnt as great as it sounds. I have a new found respect for RO's now.

Fantastic match! All the RO's and match staff were very courteous. Stages were excellent! I shot my worst match of the year but still had a blast. Thanks to Jeff for all of your hard work and all the sponsors for providing an amazing prize table. Looking forward to next years match!

My favorite two quotes of the match, though not of the funny nature were

"you put the fun back in 3 gun" and " we keep looking for the stupid stuff and can't find it" talking about the stages

Thanks all, sorry about the trip hazard nails and lack of safe areas

Jeff

It was a first class group of RO's I am very proud of, last time there was a gathering like that was the second year Ft Benning match :devil:

Stay thirsty my freinds, demand improvement and the game will change :sight:

Jeff :cheers:

It was a great match and even with all of the shooters in attendance, things worked and ran smoothly (due to the efforts of all of the experienced RO's and staff). If there is another one like it, I'll be sending my application off for a second trip to the PROAM next year.

Bryan 45,

Thanks for ROing AM-5.

If you remember, I'm the old iron sight guy that absolutely blew it on your stage.

Thanks for telling me my front sight clamp screw was backing out.

We were the first squad on the second day. The contrast/lack of was a killer for me on that stage. Along with bright sunlight on the shooter and FO front sight. Worst possible choice I could have made.

I shot the Larue side match after your stage which gave me a boost. :)

I fixed my front sight, checked the zero and did pretty good form there on going one-for-one on the Larues on AM-3/heartbreak ridge.

Thanks again for ROing.

David E.

it was my first time and i had no clue how to operate the shotgun or rifle, so take it easy on me lmao. commentary is attached to every video. the best part is when i cut my hand open trying to unload the shotgun and had to hand it to the RO to do it for me. :roflol:

Give me a break!!

Do you really expect us to believe you did not know how to put the safety on and then shoot and weak hand reload a gun you say you never shot before?