Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

stage design then shooting it

eldonvieira

I designed a stage at our club match and with daylight savings time and work schedule I got it finished just before the walk through My squad shot it first and I was first up after rushing to get mags loaded and gear ready I stepped into the box and forgot to shoot a target that I had kind of hidden around a corner. I realized it right after I showed clear and holstered my gun. Terrible start to an overall good match. I went on to win L10 but got ribbed for the FTE on my own stage all day.

Novemberstage.ppt

I designed a stage at our club match and with daylight savings time and work schedule I got it finished just before the walk through My squad shot it first and I was first up after rushing to get mags loaded and gear ready I stepped into the box and forgot to shoot a target that I had kind of hidden around a corner. I realized it right after I showed clear and holstered my gun. Terrible start to an overall good match. I went on to win L10 but got ribbed for the FTE on my own stage all day.

I have shooters tell me all the time that I have an advantage shooting my stages...

That's total B.S... I can screw it up just as badly as the next guy! :unsure:

I have shooters tell me all the time that I have an advantage shooting my stages...

That's total B.S... I can screw it up just as badly as the next guy! :unsure:

Ain't that the truth!

I find that I am MORE likely to screw up a stage that I designed...

JT

+1...

I think I have built almost 20 medium to large stages this year at level 1 matches. You lose the time to mentally prepare to shoot the stage when you are rushing to get the stage built and proofed before the first squad lines up.

When I'm setting up a stage people will ask me how to shoot it, and I tell them I have no idea. Until the last target is stapled and the last wall staked down, I'm in stage designer / builder mode. Once I put the tools away and get my gear on I start thinking about how to shoot it. When I'm designing a stage, I try to build in options. It's only after the stage is done that I start contemplating which option my be best for my division and skill level. If I'm successful designing the stage, what's best will vary from shooter to shooter.

(I've crashed and burned on my own stages more often than I have on stages designed by others. The stage designer god is the evil stepbrother of the re-shoot god. :devil: )

I seem to be better now that I squad like a regular shooter. We do setup on Saturday and I have 2 folks staple targets on Sunday. All I have to do is stare at the stages and shoot them.

Now Area 8 tried to kill me for 6 weeks, then shooting it was pointless. I couldn't hardly hold my arms up.

Been there, done that WAY too many times. I usually set up 40+ stages a year, add in classifiers and it is always over 50 a year, been at it for the last seven years so you can imagine how many stages I have set up. Because I shoot in a club that meets every week and most of the time the other stages are made up on the fly I do take time to draw mine up in advance and I find myself over thinking my own stages. Yeah I tank hardest on my own stages, missing targets totally, shooting the same target from more than one position, you get the idea. lol

Joe W.

When I'm setting up a stage people will ask me how to shoot it, and I tell them I have no idea. Until the last target is stapled and the last wall staked down, I'm in stage designer / builder mode. Once I put the tools away and get my gear on I start thinking about how to shoot it. When I'm designing a stage, I try to build in options. It's only after the stage is done that I start contemplating which option my be best for my division and skill level. If I'm successful designing the stage, what's best will vary from shooter to shooter.

(I've crashed and burned on my own stages more often than I have on stages designed by others. The stage designer god is the evil stepbrother of the re-shoot god. :devil: )

+1

I do this a lot. I try to build stages that will have multiple options, for multiple divisions, and different abilities of shooters. Then after building it, I see where I made it really hard for Production Div shooters... and I shoot Production!

Jeff

It is called designing a stage with No Shoots arranged just right. Now you have to watch your angles or you will snag the NS. The rest of the squad calls you nasty names (In a friendly way) because they HATE having to make tight shots. Then you are the only one in the squad that hits the NS.

I don't design stages at our club, but I et there early with one of the better shooters and help set them up. We normally set up three stages, and a couple of other guys set up the other two. I can't mbelieve ho many targets that I FTE, and not just the ones that are hidden. But then again. I' still at just under six months doing this but I have noticed I do beeter at other club matches. I'm still at teh point where my dog brain is outrunning my human brain. In other word "Brain Freeeeeze!"

I don't design stages at our club, but I et there early with one of the better shooters and help set them up. We normally set up three stages, and a couple of other guys set up the other two. I can't mbelieve ho many targets that I FTE, and not just the ones that are hidden. But then again. I' still at just under six months doing this but I have noticed I do beeter at other club matches. I'm still at teh point where my dog brain is outrunning my human brain. In other word "Brain Freeeeeze!"

did you shoot our perlington match this last weekend @ ms14?

Mat Price