Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mossburg 930

benny hill

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When mine came it did NOT have 3 chokes with it. Just one mod. I was not really happy about it, but at least I got the barrel.

Mine came with only the full choke but I e-mailed Joe and told him I specifically asked the rep over the phone if the barrel came with a set of chokes to which she replied "yes". Joe got the other chokes coming to me via FedEx.

I also ordered a Light Mod choke form PowerFactor Shooting.

**I cannot emphasize enough that Joe was extremely helpful with this purchase. We need to applaud his efforts and continue to thank Edna ('Yvette') for help on this matter.

Edited by bagdrag

I have been looking for a good shotgun for 3-gun and general fun. Then found this thread and read every single post. Great stuff ! Thanks to everyone who contributed.

I will order the shotgun, barrel, and other parts tomorrow. I am stoked. Couldn't have done it with out you guys.

I'm sure I will have many questions once I get the gun and parts in. Thanks again. :bow:

Has anyone figured out the failure to load a shell out of the tube, with tube full? I've almost got my 930 where I want it - but this load issue with the tube full sucks. Mine won't load while racking with more than the stock 4 in the tube. It sucks going to the start of a stage with just 4 in the tube - chambering a round and then loading like 7 more....

If the stage is called out as a table start where you need to rack the gun to get started this will be an issue.

Otherwise it's running good.

Has anyone figured out the failure to load a shell out of the tube, with tube full? I've almost got my 930 where I want it - but this load issue with the tube full sucks. Mine won't load while racking with more than the stock 4 in the tube. It sucks going to the start of a stage with just 4 in the tube - chambering a round and then loading like 7 more....

If the stage is called out as a table start where you need to rack the gun to get started this will be an issue.

Otherwise it's running good.

Mine did that a few times when I had the Nordic clamp on real tight. I have a Nordic tube on it that holds 10 and no problems, you must have a burr or something snagging. I shot a match in July in FL, hotter than a frying pan and had no problems running 10 in the tube all day. I'm sure you've checked your spring length?

post-15146-0-61088900-1320626961_thumb.j

I've run both the +5 and now +6 Nordic tubes. Mine wouldn't cycle with a full tube until I cut the spring to 12". Nordic says 10-16 inches.

Needless to say the firmer/faster the hand cycle the better your chances are of chambering a round.

If empty chamber/bolt open start is allowed you could dump one in the action and hit the bolt release. While initially this seems slow it should save loading a shell later.

I did make the mistake of hitting the bolt release with the bolt forward once. Bad!

David E.

Been somewhat patiently waiting on the release of the 930 "JM Pro Series". Mossberg rep emailed me back yesterday saying that the guns will be released some time next summer. Though just last Sunday on Gresham's Guntalk radio, Tom Taylor from Mossberg said they are going to be out in a couple weeks. Anyone out there with some solid info on this? If the best they can do is "some time next summer" my money is going to FN.

Edited by Shooter115

IMHO, you are smoking moose moss if you believe anyone but Mossberg can give you an estimate of product arrival. And Mossberg probably can't, because they don't know. "In a couple weeks" is industry standard talk for "We want to do it and are working toward it and want to keep your interest high. We are not ready now, but definitely later"

IMHO, you are smoking moose moss if you believe anyone but Mossberg can give you an estimate of product arrival. And Mossberg probably can't, because they don't know. "In a couple weeks" is industry standard talk for "We want to do it and are working toward it and want to keep your interest high. We are not ready now, but definitely later"

I must like smoking moose moss then. The prototypes were out last August and there was scuttle-butt about them going into production in 30 days…..then it was the SHOT show…….then it was next summer……then it was in a couple weeks (coming from their VP). All I know is, I’m going to get a new shotty to replace my 1100 by this April, so I have some time to work with it before the matches start here. So that’s what I’m trying to find out…..Will I be able to buy this weapon by April? If it’s going to drag out until mid-summer I have to come up with a new plan. Maybe I’ll mod a 930 Waterfowl, maybe I’ll go with the SLP. If that’s going to be the case, I’d like to start looking for a good deal now on the back-up plan.

It’s been a while on this thread since there was an update, and just wondering if someone out there had any inside info that held water, which IMHO ben b. obviously doesn’t have.

I must like smoking moose moss then. The prototypes were out last August and there was scuttle-butt about them going into production in 30 days…..then it was the SHOT show…….then it was next summer……then it was in a couple weeks (coming from their VP)...

I rest my case.

LOL ain't that the truth. :cheers:

LOL ain't that the truth. :cheers:

dont forget the product is "in final assembly" line!

Would the 935 or 930 be preferred? I don't know anything about 3-gun but I'm starting to get the bug. Seems like the magnum version is a bit cheaper, but I don't understand the difference in models. Would either 930 or 935 in a 24" barrel be pretty much the same as every other 93x internally?

Matt

Would the 935 or 930 be preferred? I don't know anything about 3-gun but I'm starting to get the bug. Seems like the magnum version is a bit cheaper, but I don't understand the difference in models. Would either 930 or 935 in a 24" barrel be pretty much the same as every other 93x internally?

Matt

Matt,

Since the 935 is chambered to shoot 3 1/2" shells there is the possibility of it having a hard time cycling light 2 3/4" bird shot loads. The 930 is chambered to shoot up to 3" rounds and is tuned to handle light loads through heavy 3" loads. The 935 is also slightly longer and heavier IIRC.

Since the 935 is chambered to shoot 3 1/2" shells there is the possibility of it having a hard time cycling light 2 3/4" bird shot loads. The 930 is chambered to shoot up to 3" rounds and is tuned to handle light loads through heavy 3" loads. The 935 is also slightly longer and heavier IIRC.

The stock 935 barrels are also overbored. The manual says not to shoot slugs out of anything but the specific slug barrels.

Full package is hi-viz comp sight, nordic 9rd tube and clamp, cut barrel & install new chokes, high steel safty, roth follower or nordic, 3-4# trigger job with no creep & overtravel stop, open up lower receiver BIG for easy loading, bevel handguard and set barrel for POA,POI.Charge is $950.00 with shipping & insc. back.