Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot 'advice' to US shooters

MontyMart

Based off current match points....

JJ = 1262.9100 pts.

Chris = 1227.9300 pts.

Max Jr = 1222.8000 pts.

KC = 1202.6800 pts.

KC has not shot stage 7 which is a 130 pt stage but the other 3 have. As it stands if he finishes in 27th place he will still pull 100 pts and take a 40 pt lead into the last 3 stages.

Granted, alot can happen in 4 stages but if he continues on his current pace he would be the odds on favorite. Squad 6 (super squad) has stages 3, 4, & 5 remaining to shoot.....one would think the overall winner would come from that squad, keep an eye on JoJo also, but we won't know till the last shot is fired...

So I guess Eric Graufel did not attend the Nationals this year. All of the guys above will be a far second to Eric at World Shoot in Greece. The only one that may have a chance to break the 100 point loss is Micehl Max. He beat Eric once at the Florida Open a few years ago when Eric was very sick from traveling. I looked over the booklet online for the Nationals. The stages are too easy and the targets are too big. This only prepares the above guys to lose by more next year.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, this should be fun to watch :rolleyes:

I looked over the booklet online for the Nationals. The stages are too easy and the targets are too big. This only prepares the above guys to lose by more next year.

Now that is some funny shit! :roflol:

I wish I had the "popcorn eating guy" emoticon.

I think the stages are challenging and deceiving... one of the comments i made earlier was the stages are built for speed. Yes. it would've been nice if eric was here...

I think the stages are challenging and deceiving... one of the comments i made earlier was the stages are built for speed. Yes. it would've been nice if eric was here...

I spoke with a friend who is shooting the competition. The stages are not that challenging. Majority of the targets are at 7 yards. Eric shoots these same targets at 20 plus yards in Europe. Also, a partial US target is the same size as a IPSC full sized target. I would love to see Eric fly through these stages myself. I spoke with Eric's father last year. He mentioned that Eric will probably not compete in the US much more because of this. The targets and competitors in the US are not as challenging as in Europe. The Americans ROs must learn from their mistakes and start training their shooters to win by challenging them mentally and physical at level 3+ competitions.

Why are you surrogate smack talking?

This is not my intent. I only hope that things change so the US will have a slight chance of winning an Open or Production World Shoo one day. These changes must be made from the ground up. It starts at how stages are set up. Everyone looks up to the Nationals to set an example.

You will care a year from now in Greece. Let's not learn the hard way again and start preparing the top shooters now.

MontyG

I spoke with a friend who is shooting the competition. The stages are not that challenging. Majority of the targets are at 7 yards. Eric shoots these same targets at 20 plus yards in Europe. Also, a partial US target is the same size as a IPSC full sized target. I would love to see Eric fly through these stages myself. I spoke with Eric's father last year. He mentioned that Eric will probably not compete in the US much more because of this. The targets and competitors in the US are not as challenging as in Europe. The Americans ROs must learn from their mistakes and start training their shooters to win by challenging them mentally and physical at level 3+ competitions.

Please take this "Us vs. Them crap" elsewhere. This thread is about the current, U.S. USPSA nationals.

So I guess Eric Graufel did not attend the Nationals this year. All of the guys above will be a far second to Eric at World Shoot in Greece. The only one that may have a chance to break the 100 point loss is Micehl Max. He beat Eric once at the Florida Open a few years ago when Eric was very sick from traveling. I looked over the booklet online for the Nationals. The stages are too easy and the targets are too big. This only prepares the above guys to lose by more next year.

I see we have a recent graduate of the Dale Carnegie course! Welcome to the US, friend.

BB

I spoke with Eric's father last year. He mentioned that Eric will probably not compete in the US much more because of this. The targets and competitors in the US are not as challenging as in Europe.

And the last time Eric competed in the US, he did not win.

I spoke with Eric's father last year. He mentioned that Eric will probably not compete in the US much more because of this. The targets and competitors in the US are not as challenging as in Europe.

I hope you are not referring to the Florida Open where Eric was very sick with a stomach virus. He spent most of his time in the water closet that match. Eric's father recommended that Eric pull out of the match when he was stumbling on the range. Eric would not quit and as a result finished 2nd. I don't remember which American shooter beat him. Frank Garcia? I have respect for someone that eager to win.

IPSC requires a number of stages to be high round count, 32 rounds. This would require an Open shooter to reload. Once again, I did not see that in the Nationals booklet. Isn't this competition going to determine the US World Team?

I split this topic out of the USPSA Nats update thread for the purpose of discussing possible tactics for US shooters to prepare for the next World Shoot.

It is not going to turn into a battle ground. Play/post nice or posts may be removed.

Please bear in mind the forum guidelines:

Posting Guidelines

Attitude

Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.

No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.

Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

Restricted Content

Politics

Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.

Specifically including (but not limited to):

• USPSA vs IPSC

(list truncated)

I hope you are not referring to the Florida Open where Eric was very sick with a stomach virus. He spent most of his time in the water closet that match. Eric's father recommended that Eric pull out of the match when he was stumbling on the range. Eric would not quit and as a result finished 2nd. I don't remember which American shooter beat him. Frank Garcia? I have respect for someone that eager to win.

IPSC requires a number of stages to be high round count, 32 rounds. This would require an Open shooter to reload. Once again, I did not see that in the Nationals booklet. Isn't this competition going to determine the US World Team?

I was at the Fla. Open that year and watched Eric and Max shoot the majority of the stages. I don't remember Eric "stumbling on the range". It was Max that beat Eric and won the Open that year.

Edited by pvhendrix

Why would the long distances and smaller targets only be applicable to Open and Production? Or is it just because an American shooter the other divisions?

Eric and Adam are two of the very best in the world. If they win it's because they're the best shooters at the match*, not because the Americans shot a recent match or two with short range targets. Unless of course you mistakenly believe that the only "training" the Americans do is on match day.

[deleted]

Edited by ima45dv8
removed inappropriate comment

I have shot a number of IPSC matches including the last two World Shoots and EHC. I have a gold stage medal from a match Eric also shot open in and IPSC Presidents Medals from other level III matches. I say the targets here at the US Nationals are at least as difficult as any of those matches. Yes there is not much beyond 25 yards, but they aint easy.