Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stages over 32 rounds

shooting for M

Where I am shooting now we seem to stick to the 32 round limit pretty strictly. Where I used to live there would be the occasianal 40+ round stage. I was a bit nerve racking shooting single stack :surprise: . I think it is fun to run a really long stage every now and then, but for the limited capacity crowd, especially new shooters it can break the spirit a bit if they have to reload from a pocket.

So maybe no rules against it, but you have to think of the crowd some.

No rule, but like shooting for M said. You have to think about your shooters. Also your match. how many stages do you have? What's the average round count? Will a 40-50 round stage back things up horribly? 

It can cause problems. 

Dont know ifthey are even still doing them, the volunteer pool was pretty slim yrs ago, but the ballistic banzai hosted by the dundee club up in oregon had 8 stages, all of them were a MINIMUM of 50 rds per...highest one i ever shot was 72...had 4 re-shoots on 1 stage for REF, shot 220 rds on that stage alone...up to level III matches its a guideline not a hard and fast rule, tho ifthe MD's were smart, they would look at the possibility of back ups on that stage due to COF or complexities within it...

old school rule ofthumb were that from 'make ready' to calling up the nxt shooter should be 5 minutes

Then you want to check out the monster match

here in Florida! Talk about round count- :sight:

I looked at the stages......OMFG! The people who shoot this thing won't be able to move cause all the ammo they have to carry! I just looked at the 1st 3 stages and the round count was over 150 just for them!

My level I match this month will be 5 stages with a min. round count of 40 per stage. I am dubbing it a mini monster match. I've told people for years that my last match as MD was going to be something to remember. If you are in the area on the 4th sat, come on by. Oh yeah don't forget your halloween costume too, we'll have a cash prize for the best one.

I am hearing some where around 500rds! :surprise:

Some one may know better than me on the count! <_<

You see the stage where you have to swing on the rope over the water just to get to your gun? :surprise:

Yep, that's Smitty for you! :cheers:

P.S. There is still time to register. :closedeyes:

I am hearing some where around 500rds! :surprise:

Some one may know better than me on the count! <_<

You see the stage where you have to swing on the rope over the water just to get to your gun? :surprise:

GRUMPY ONE- better save up and buy a wet suit :devil:

My level I match this month will be 5 stages with a min. round count of 40 per stage. I am dubbing it a mini monster match. I've told people for years that my last match as MD was going to be something to remember. If you are in the area on the 4th sat, come on by. Oh yeah don't forget your halloween costume too, we'll have a cash prize for the best one.

Fireant- that mean your finished with being the MD? :bow:

Yes, it does. I'm worn out, burnt out, fed up, etc. I noticed I was not having a good time at any match lately and it seems more like a chore than fun. I need a break. I'll run the occasional 3 gun match and the January 2 gun match, but that is it.

I've been shooting USPSA for 7 years and very few stages go over 32 rounds. At a few matches I've shot 36 round, but most are 24-32.

50-60 rounds...BRING IT ON BABY, sounds like fun. How about 50-60 rounds minimum with all steel!!! I've seen videos where fast shooters slow down after 50 trigger pulls...COOL! I'd love to shoot a 300+ match

Not all matches need to exactly the same. There neede to be room for a little fun and creativity. I'd love the opportunity to really let the smoke out! Level I gives us the chance to do this.

Hope that moat's not too deep.

I can imagine someone showing up to this one with water wings and a life jacket. :roflol: Maybe some rubber duckies to float around in the moat too?

Joe W.

Don't give Cliff any ideas. :roflol:

Hope that moat's not too deep.

I can imagine someone showing up to this one with water wings and a life jacket. :roflol: Maybe some rubber duckies to float around in the moat too?

Joe W.

Don't give Cliff any ideas. :roflol:

OK, water wings, a life jacket and purple sparkly banana hammoc? :devil:

Joe W.

I personally don't think its a good idea for a local match. Locals a lot of people don't have any idea what the stage is going to be like they just show up and shoot. If there is several 50 round stages they are going to run out of ammo and, like others have said, they might not be able to finish the stage if they are limited capacity guys. Level IIs and IIIs that you pay for and should have stages in hand before the match I think its OK but I still don't think you need more than 32 rounds to have fun. Once you start getting over that number you basically saying, "Ok its a limited and Open only match". Which is fine but why not just call it that :D

Im pretty sure what Steve J was refering to is a club match with 6- 50 round stages. The info was put out several weeks ahead of time so no one will be surprised and all stages will be the same round count so no bottlenecks. Im gonna try like heck to make this match. Sounds like a blast!!!

Im pretty sure what Steve J was refering to is a club match with 6- 50 round stages. The info was put out several weeks ahead of time so no one will be surprised and all stages will be the same round count so no bottlenecks. Im gonna try like heck to make this match. Sounds like a blast!!!

So what your saying is for this local match everybody that is going to attend knows where to find the info? What if you have some out of towners or new shooters that don't know where to look? I'm not saying its a bad thing I just think some people won't be prepared when the norm is 32 rounds.

So what your saying is for this local match everybody that is going to attend knows where to find the info? What if you have some out of towners or new shooters that don't know where to look? I'm not saying its a bad thing I just think some people won't be prepared when the norm is 32 rounds.

I see your point. Im not sure exactly what measures the club is taking, but I hopefully no one will get caught flatfooted...