Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Area 2 Desert Classic

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

oh boy! lots of swinger and I'm sure they are not slow and close up..

Ahhh, I see you have visited Mesa, home of the turbo-powered swingers before! :roflol:

Remember to pack at least a light jacket. The morning start times are as soon as the sun comes over the mountains so it will be pitch black and probably pretty chilly when you arrive.

Remember to pack at least a light jacket. The morning start times are as soon as the sun comes over the mountains so it will be pitch black and probably pretty chilly when you arrive.

+1

Pat

Edited by whatmeworry

Are there any options at all as to which days we shoot this match? Or does everyone shoot both days?

You shoot 2 1/2 days. 5 Stages on Friday, 5 Stages on Saturday, 2 Stages on Sunday (Chrono counts as a stage).

Have a good match!

Chuck

Not really, maybe if you get there early or late, but shooting the match and eating take up most of the day. On the Border is a good Mexican restaurant on Superstition Springs Blvd over by the mall in Mesa. To me, the Rio Salado Club in Mesa is the ultimate shooting destination-the best matches, the best mix of food and movies and things to do at night, and Phoenix is easy to get in and out.

Heading out next week for the match!!!!! Am sooooo excited. Arizona is a yearly trip for my shooting partner and I and this year we were finally were able to coordinate the trip with the Area 2 match. Really hoping to be able to meet some of you guys and be able to put some faces to the screen names!

Donna

Scottsdale gun club is a must! Its the first gun shop I've ever been to that has an array of Open guns for sale!

Next door is another gun shop with even more goodies.

http://www.usautoweapons.com/index.php

The SGC is one of the nicest looking clubs. If you get the chance ask for a tour and check out the private members only area with the optical scanner for a door lock.

Heading out next week for the match!!!!! Am sooooo excited. Arizona is a yearly trip for my shooting partner and I and this year we were finally were able to coordinate the trip with the Area 2 match. Really hoping to be able to meet some of you guys and be able to put some faces to the screen names!

Donna

I'm also excited to shoot in Arizona this would be my 1st time to shoot there hehe we'll be coming from LA by land i think it's a 8 hours drive haha Good Luck to us! :D and to all competitors :D

Temps are going to range from low 50s to mid 70s according to the weather channel. Low 50s here with no humidity is..... very brisk. :surprise:

Thanks for the weather update!!! a "Low" of 50's is still like summer temps for a Colorado shooter like myself. It looks like there will be fantastic weather for the match!!! I always look forward to an extra week of "Summer Weather" in November :cheers: