Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uspsa.org Website

wgnoyes

You all may find the uspsa.org website down for the next few hours while they install a revamp. To quote Dave Thomas in a note he sent to all section coordinators:

If you visit www.uspsa.org late this evening or in the morning you will see significant changes. A two-year long effort to completely overhaul the web site is finally coming to fruition. Browse through the site, ask questions, and give us your comments. This is the end of phase one. Phase two will finish bringing the rest of our web presence into a common “look ‘n feel,” expanding services, and fixing whatever we break in phase one.

Please note that the site will probably be inaccessible starting at about 8:00pm EDT and lasting until final testing is complete. We don’t expect that to continue past midnight.

I look forward to seeing what they finally come up with.

(See, I KNEW it was easy enough to send a note to SC's and Area Directors telling folks what's going on! "Burning bridges" and "damaging USPSA" my foot! [And yes, only one other person will know what that means!])

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWesome. Really looking forward to seeing what they are coming up with. the existing site... well... it kind of sucks.... alot!

Your last sentence sounds exactly like a reply that the gentleman pictured in your avatar would say. I like it.

Pat

AWesome. Really looking forward to seeing what they are coming up with. the existing site... well... it kind of sucks.... alot!

Your last sentence sounds exactly like a reply that the gentleman pictured in your avatar would say. I like it.

Pat

That would be Dr. House. of the medical show "House"

thanks though. lol

Only reason I said it though is because I do design websites from time to time for myself... the USPSA website is perfect place to use a CMS type of system.

Only reason I said it though is because I do design websites from time to time for myself... the USPSA website is perfect place to use a CMS type of system.

You've got that right. The new site is a combination of a CMS system from Hughes Design built with some standard tools and fully custom code (the stuff having to do with membership status, scores, classifiers, NROI work record, NROI rulings, NROI exams (these will be available in a few days), etc.

We have done away with the concept of a member password - you login with your USPSA member number and the PIN from your front sight label, then hit "Personal Profile" if you want to change it or modify several of your preferences.

We have also done away with the concept of "club passwords". Each club may have one "club contact" (set by Sedro) who may grant upload permission to additional persons using their USPSA member number. Access to adding major matches to the schedule uses the same mechanism - you can add a major match for any club that allows you to upload scores (NROI still needs to approve the listing).

There will no doubt be some issues, and learning curve to climb, but it's certainly much more usable.

Browsing the new site now; it has a very nice look and feel.

There is one thing that I noticed:

In the Member FAQ the following question has an incomplete answer

Q: "Some things I want to see on this web site require that I login. Why? How do I do that?"

A: "...If you already are a member, and have your member number available, go to (WHERE?) to set your password."

Along the same lines, the Member Login page should have a "Forgot Password" link.

Thanks!

Edit to Add: Rob must have been typing his answer as I was typing the question. He must have ESP! :)

- Alex

Edited by AEuropa

Pat

That would be Dr. House. of the medical show "House"

thanks though. lol

Yep, that would be House.:cheers:

Pat

What's up with the Legacy Match Results? I have only seen Limited-10 and Limited divisions listed on the matches that I looked at. Anyone else had a look?

Look real hard on the left side. If the color calibration on your monitor is off, you ain't gonna see it... Green on green right now.

What's up with the Legacy Match Results? I have only seen Limited-10 and Limited divisions listed on the matches that I looked at. Anyone else had a look?

Look real hard on the left side. If the color calibration on your monitor is off, you ain't gonna see it... Green on green right now.

You are right. They are there but they do blend in with the background and are kind of spread around on the screen.