Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a SINGLE GM shooting production? Hardly a statement....

Based on what I saw, the results wouldn't have been much different. They were flat-out impressive--unclassified or not. They take their production seriously over seas.

Ahhhh.....

And so begins that predictable annual tradition of complaints regarding Unclassified foreign competitors at the Florida Open.

This is a gentle warning to those wishing to participate in this year's mud-slinging. . . . . .tread carefully, be polite, and keep it civil.

If anyone cannot restrain themselves and then notices their post has been removed without notice, you'll know why.

Play nice, or play elsewhere.

Thanks...

Great match indeed! Thanks to Frank, Manny and all the match staff. Special thanks to ROs on stage 7 on Friday, Dave and Jim, for giving me a ride at the morning. :)

It was also good to see so many familiar faces from all over the world.

Not a SINGLE GM shooting production? Hardly a statement....
Those few unclasified could kick some GM asses. :)
Then they need to be invited to Nationals and prove it cheers.gif Until then....its just "could". devil.gif

Anybody a link to the results of the last world shoot? I know the european guys are pretty dominate in production I would just like to see the total results.

Edited by steel1212

I don't understand the beef with them being unclassified?

They came and shot and placed where they placed, regardless of the letter(s) after their name.

I think what somebody was saying since they aren't classified and there wasn't a "GM" in the division to compare them to they don't know how they would stack up. Personally just from looking at things Ljubisa Momcilovic looked pretty impressive from just looking at the scores and percentages. It would be a true test at our nationals though just to see. I'm like you though, they came, they saw, they beat who was there.

They'll get the chance to kick our asses in Production at the World Shoot.

My only "complaint" about that is that "we" then have the built in excuses about the race holsters, 15 round magazines, no Glock 34's, etc. The simple fact is that those guys can shoot, so much respect to them, though it would have been cool to see how our GM's would have stacked up against them under our rules. But alas, so it goes.

It is not easy getting a seat for the US Nationals. Getting classified is also another hurdle as well. I live almost 5 hours from the nearest USPSA club, plus timing, a border can also play a part in it. IMHO, JP is a GM. At the area 7 I was squadded with JP, and he came in 3rd there as well,..even with a really bad jam on a field stage. I would like to get a slot,..but I shot the area 7 last year unclassified. You also need to have a membership to get classified. Last two times I shot in the US I did not have my membership. I have my membership now, so I hope to get classified this april or may in Maine. Another hurdle would be the area you come from...I can't belong to an Area as I live in NB, Canada. So if there are spare slots, I doubt the area director (for example: Area 7) would want to use a slot on me. It only makes sense as he has other shooters in his country/ area to think about.

It is not easy getting a seat for the US Nationals. Getting classified is also another hurdle as well. I live almost 5 hours from the nearest USPSA club, plus timing, a border can also play a part in it. IMHO, JP is a GM. At the area 7 I was squadded with JP, and he came in 3rd there as well,..even with a really bad jam on a field stage. I would like to get a slot,..but I shot the area 7 last year unclassified. You also need to have a membership to get classified. Last two times I shot in the US I did not have my membership. I have my membership now, so I hope to get classified this april or may in Maine. Another hurdle would be the area you come from...I can't belong to an Area as I live in NB, Canada. So if there are spare slots, I doubt the area director (for example: Area 7) would want to use a slot on me. It only makes sense as he has other shooters in his country/ area to think about.

Thanks for the info... it helps a lot. It would still be good to at least see the IPSC classifications at the USPSA matches just for reference... just to get an idea. I don't even know if the IPSC classifier system is the same as USPA! JP seems like he's a damn good shooter and Ljubisa Momcilovic beat him handily!

Just one thought: I found it strange that at the Level III match like this there were no surrender starts, no low ports, no prone positions, no unloaded gun starts, no one-handed shooting.

I believe stages were more interesting and challenging at the Monster Match couple months ago.

Can't agree more about hard to get classified in USPSA for the foreigners. Also not having GMs in Production division at a major Level III match doesn't help with that either.

But I guess they have to do what they have to do, e.g. not having a Glock 34 in IPSC Production list made some of them switch to Limited/Standard division for the World Shoot. :)

Just one thought: I found it strange that at the Level III match like this there were no surrender starts, no low ports, no prone positions, no unloaded gun starts, no one-handed shooting.

I believe stages were more interesting and challenging at the Monster Match couple months ago.

You can volunteer to set up a stage next year and change that.

Then when someone makes a similar comment to yours, see how it makes you feel about the hard work you put in.

I want to thank everyone behind the scenes that set up the stages and to the RO's and anyone else that took their time to set up the stages and run them. I shot on Friday and had a great time. I had one reshoot due to the timer quitting. A few of the production guys from Central America were bumped to open class because they had fully loaded mags. Thant sucks, but they kept shooting and still had a good time. Cheers to everyone :cheers:

You can volunteer to set up a stage next year and change that.

Then when someone makes a similar comment to yours, see how it makes you feel about the hard work you put in.

That is just feedback. I don't think that is worth taking personally.

It's really not on the stage designer or setup crew. I know, as a Match Director, it is on me to take an overall look at the big picture once all the stage designs are in...then look at how the starts and all that are represented.

And, the Match Director just may not be inclined to include all those things. Some matches have a certain flavor to them from year to year. The FL Open seems to trend toward high round count with lots of shooting challenges within field courses. Those take time...especially with a lot of shooters packed into the schedule. Sometimes funky starts and such eat up time on a stage as well. It all adds up.

Sounds like it was (another) great match!

Sounds like a great a great match to me!