Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Svi trigger shoe on sti bow?

rupture

Its not too hard. Remove the SV trigger shoe from the bow by carefully cutting out the two spots where the stake the parts together. Separate the STI trigger from the bow don't damage the bow. Take the STI bow and look at the front of it. yow will see that it is not flat. Grind it so it is flat and fits into the SV shoe. Make sure it fits flat and centered. Once it all fits together take a little two part epoxy and secure the two together.

I was under the impression that the new sVi base won't fit the sTi grip because it's wider now....

Please Note That ALL Wide Body triggers are designed to work with our Billet Grips. The trigger base is a .250in width. Polymer Grips will need to be modified in trigger track width to fit correctly.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong but I don't think changing the bow is going to do what you want.

Its not too hard. Remove the SV trigger shoe from the bow by carefully cutting out the two spots where the stake the parts together. Separate the STI trigger from the bow don't damage the bow. Take the STI bow and look at the front of it. yow will see that it is not flat. Grind it so it is flat and fits into the SV shoe. Make sure it fits flat and centered. Once it all fits together take a little two part epoxy and secure the two together.

I did mine similar to AWLAZS except I carefully pried the staking open and re-used the staking material instead of epoxy. I also had to do a little filing on the shoe to make it fit the grip slot. I like being able to switch out the shoe to get just the right length.

I don't know if SV changed their singlestack triggers too. If not, use that as a donor for the base and put it on the STI bow as AWLAZS detailed above. An added benefit is the lesser cost of the singlestack/1911 part.

• 1 year later...

I don't know if SV changed their singlestack triggers too. If not, use that as a donor for the base and put it on the STI bow as AWLAZS detailed above. An added benefit is the lesser cost of the singlestack/1911 part.

Now THAT'S good advice!

Can anyone confirm that the shoes are the same??

SVI ITS trigger fit in both of my STIs FGW put the one in my Trojan and I did my spartan just measure the width of the trigger it's self and remove material(if needed) so it will fit the trigger shoe opening and move freely then reassemble. Bobby (FGW) puts them in his builds (SS or 2011) if you want so there is a way to make em fit the 2011 too.

Edited by dskinsler83