Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Western States Single Stack Championship

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of those blade-tech quad mag pouches. Will four+one 8 rd mags be adequate for this match?

I've only shot the match once, but I wouldn't go without five on the belt, plus a start mag, and on many stages I had a sixth in my back pocket as well. R,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, we continue to get applications daily......I will be sending out confirmations tonight to the shooters I recently received.......

As far as the number of mags to have, I used to have 4 on my belt all the time, and start with one in the gun.....over the last 8 years, I have only a few times needed more than that. Sometimes on the standard exercise I might have needed more, but never more than 6 total.

See ya all soon........

Steve

Entry was sent over last weekend. Looking forward to this match. What are the choices for lodging in the area? How far is it from Pheonix? any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Plug this into the search box on Google Maps: Rio Salado Sportsmans Club, Mesa, AZ ;)

Thanks for the info. No High dollar places, but I am bringing the wife. I'll look close to Mesa and Superstion mall. I am looking forward to this match. Phoenix was troublesome when I was there several years ago. Vehicle was broken into and dashboard was destroyed. It was near the interstate and I park close to the lobby. Well shoot straight and shoot fast. till Jan. Thanks again

There is also a LaQuinta and a Country Inn Suites located at the Superstition Freeway (U.S. 60) and Superstition Springs Blvd.......pretty good area, with lots of restaurants within walking distance.....

Steve

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the input. I am so looking forward to this match. Especially being the 100th for the 1911. I need a decent hotel that didn't need a mortgage to stay and ya'll responded. My bride will be hiding out there while I shoot.

Hows the westbound I-40 drive over the mountains, that time of year? any reason I shouldnt think about driving from OK?

40W and 17S should be ok just depends on the weather at the time. Pete