Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Valentine's Day On A Saturday

Ken

Oh, please, just go to the store and get what is needed to do a small standing rib roast, asperagus with holandaise. some potatoes O'Brian, and whip up some Black forest cake with rasberry sauce. She'll love it...

BTW, that is what I am having...

Guest Larry Cazes

Every year I cook my wife a nice romantic dinner on VDay. She seems to appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness of it more then going out for dinner.

Well, I do 95% of the cooking anyway so if I made dinner it wouldn't mean as much. Got hockey tickets. Maybe a nice late lunch prior....

I wonder if any clubs were silly enough to schedule a match on v-day? Single guys (and those that want to be single, soon) only perhaps? ;)

Our usual thing is to NOT join the sheep, stay at home and have tons of Alaskan King Crab legs, roasted red potatos and asparagus all served with a healthy supply of butter. This year, were joining the crowds at a happening spot.

I can't wait to stay home next year..... :rolleyes:

Every year I cook my wife a nice romantic dinner on VDay.  She seems to appreciate the effort and thoughtfulness of it more then going out for dinner.

Same done here.

On our first wedding anniversary I even took a half day off work to arrange a nice candle-light dinner at home and cooked the whole dinner.

It was much appreciated.

BTW, you can cook at home almost the same stuff you can eat a restaurant, it's only cheaper. ;)

My v day is all set. Match director for a small local club has agreed to let me shoot through first thing Saturday morning. Then I go home, clean up, and go to the airport to fly to Florida. Girl friend picks me up at the airport a we're off to dinner. Life is good!

:wub:

Luckily I don't have to worry about dinner reservations as I will be getting in from Tokyo at around 8pm Saturday evening. :o

My sister is having a dinner party and so my wife will be fed by the time I arrive.

There is a match the next morning but I doubt I'll make it due to fourteen hours of jet-lag catching up with me. :blink::wacko::blink:

• 2 weeks later...

So did you all mess up bigtime for not getting reservations in time?

Albertson's had live lobster for 9.99 a pound, and ever since our trip to NH/ Maine we are hooked on whole lobster.

We shared a 3 1/2 pounder, with NY steak , salad and asparagus.

Excellent results :D

Allen

Since Valentine's Day was during SHOT Show and on a Saturday, Arnie & I ventured over to the lobby bar at one of the nicest hotels. We got a table that was perfect for people watching, ordered champagne, and watched a vast number of brides going to the conservatory for their wedding pictures for a couple of hours. We then went back to our hotel and changed for the evening. We spent time at the OLC party and the Glock party. Dancing was mandatory for the evening, just ask Chris Edwards. ;)

Valentine's Day 101.

Have dinner the night before. At midnight, you have the waiter bring the pre-arranged flowers and champagne to your table, you pull out the little box of jewellery from your pocket and give it to her while telling her how you feel, you drink the champagne, then you go to a nice pre-booked hotel for some rumpy-bumpy.

In the morning, you have breakfast in bed ordered from room service, you have another round of rumpy-bumpy, then you checkout.

Simple, really.

Simple, really.

Vince,

you forgot to tell us how did you manage to solve that little problem that usually has 4/6 years and can't live an hour of his/her life without draggin' mom's skirt...

Sedatives, duct tape, and a large duffle bag... then you just put them in the closet.

Well I know this is a little late but I guess I have a wonderful wife in that she just wanted to go to the range and shoot her Taurs .357 then a light dinner at the sports bar. Hmmmmmmmmm Yep I do have the most wonderful wife.

Happy Shooting!

:D :D :D :D

Paul Franklin