Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

suggest a 3 GUN cart

J-Rob

Go with the baby stroller style... Wagon type carts beg to be overloaded and soon you will hate it! (been there, hated it). I found a used baby jogging stroller, threw on ATV gun racks, and had a great cart for under $50. If you want one already made up, check out RUGGED GEAR or THIS BLOG. Also, search for gun carts on here...

one other quick note... make sure to put tire sealant in the tires....

Edited by HS101

I use a garden cart but it does double duty hauling gear out to my "backyard" range. So it has room for the guns, ammo, chair, a cooler...and an umbrella mount. Oh, it can carry gear for 2 (1000 lb capacity) so it is not unusual to have help pulling it around at matches. But it is heavy to load and unload and requires a truck or SUV to haul it around.

Seems if you have some gun racks around then converting a jogger would be ok, but new holding 2 long guns is about $50 and the used joggers are about $50 around here, and that gets closer to the $185 MSRP from Rugged Gear, who has a new model shipping. So I am thinking about a change.

Lee

I have a converted jogging stroller but Im going to upgrade this winter to a rugged gear. The jogging stroller is OK but like anything else its a compromise. Not enough room really and its just my preferance to upgrade. Their newest one looks perfect and an upgrade over the old one. If the one rugged gear sells now was available a few years ago I would have just done that. Their previous mod wasnt much better than a jogging stroller but I think the new one looks like it was built with 3 gun in mind. IMO

I have made them,,, and they work well,,, and I just won a Rugged gear,, cart,,

It is nice it has all the cool stuff with it,,, a cover to keep rain and crap off your sutff,, and it folds,,,,

you will be happy,,, with a rugged gear cart,,, if you get one,,,

"Jeep" and "secure" are not two words you normally use in the same sentence...

Ditto that!

Easy way is a lock with a rubber coated cable but it is actually pretty secure because it is hidden. I had a friend have his radio stolen but the rifle was still there because apparently the thief did not look up. Out of sight is perhaps the best security.

I went the baby jogger route too. I bought mine off of craig's list also. I was almost like in a reverse bidding war with people who wanted to sell me theirs. I had struck a deal over the phone with one family for $70 at like 8 PM on a Friday. then at like 9:30 I had one guy who was selling his for $50. then another guy was selling his for $30 at 10 PM...but I didn't want to yank the first family's chain. the ATV gun racks were $30 each...but if a guy was handy with the yard tool type holders you use in your garage or shed or if you are rweally handy with a welder and some of that pasti-dip tool handle coating you could make your own.

I am planning on fabricating a shelf...I think...for the bottom of it. I was also thinking of adding a piece of plywood to act as like a stop for the guns's muzzles to butt into....at the time I didn't know how grippy the ATV gun racks were gonna be....they are plenty sticky so I will probably skip that idea entirely...I think...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I did the baby stroller thing with the ATV gun holders like others have mentioned. Works well, I can just throw it in the bed of the truck and I'm off..

One thing I would recommend for those of you considering going this route, try to find a stroller that has front wheel that casters. It makes driving the loaded stroller much more managable.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my new Rugged Gear cart. Its not wide enough for the pig wide Shooters Connection bag but thats OK. Its got 2 levels and a the extra storage over the front wheel looks good.

I am actually going to get a Milk Crate and use to sit on the top shelf to carry stuff.

My only issue is it wont fit folded with or without wheels under the bed cover on my Dakota. Im sure it does on a full size truck. No biggie since I can put it in the back seat area since its a quad cab.

Think its going to be a nice upgrade.

My only issue is it wont fit folded with or without wheels under the bed cover on my Dakota. Im sure it does on a full size truck. No biggie since I can put it in the back seat area since its a quad cab.

Think its going to be a nice upgrade.

I saw a couple of shooters show up at Benning with one lashed to a car top carrier Granny Clampet style.