Czechmate

mhop

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow - that is an awesome Open gun...

Anyone shot one yet?

I've shot grylwfbg's and it's a sweet gun.

I shoot Tac Sports in Limited/Tac Optics, so I'm somewhat biased, but if I were to switch to open, that's what I would get!

• 4 months later...

I got mine last Friday and I must say I LOVE IT! I shot it at my club training this Saturday and it worked like a charm. I've been shooting IPSC for ten years with a Glock 17 so bear with me, there's a whole lot of new stuff to learn with a new gun, new holster and new sights. ;)

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links here because this is my first post, so you have to visit You Tube and search for IPSC 111203 and watch a clip from last Saturday's training. Enjoy!

http :// youtu.be / wnXCNpUrzX4

Edited by PhotoJoe

Cool. They had one at the World Shoot test-fire range that I put a few mags through, but unfortunately only Minor ammo for it.

I think it works pretty well with minor ammo. Haven't tried it yet with major loads, but as soon as a club mate of mine load some up I'll give it a go and get you a report. :)

I is actually very amazing how it can cycle fine with minor and major ammo without any tuning.

The only thing, you need to load your ammo to a short OAL rather unusual for 9mm Major guns.

Yes we did tested it. It is short indeed, but I don't see any problem with that. At least my AutoComp recipe don't show any pressure signs.

Ok define short in terms we all comprehend, like a common bullet such as the Zero 125gr JHP or the Montana Gold 124gr CMJ or other commonly used bullet.

I consider my 124gr CMJ montana golds short at 1.165 which is only .025 longer than WIncheter White Box, my shorty gun takes OAL's out to 1.200, yes there are some lands in there somewhere. The common 9 mm barrels in 1911's take an OAL of 1.175 with a RN bullet without additional head space reaming. I have a reamer and have added a little head space to a couple guns, sad thing is it won't make the mags longer.

I'd like to try one, tell me how long and I'll bring my Silhoutte loaded 9 majors out.

1.125..1.130 OAL

That is shorter than factory ammo. I worry with my 1.165 but nothing has blown up yet, and I've been to 189pf. Those are CMJ's and JHP will only go 1.145, so I quit using them.

Which bullet, wgt and nose-shape?

Don't laugh. Berry's new 124 HBRN TP(thick plated) .356 bullet is rated at 1450'/sec in 38 Super. I load these for minor and the bullet will load out to whatever the mag will hold in a 75B and clear the lands. 1.169"+. The bullet is .619" long but the "base" is hollowed out. That gives more case volume and the long rifling contact of the Zero JHP.

http://www.berrysmfg.com/product-i14844-c11-g8-b0-p0-9mm_124gr_HBRN_TP.aspx

cocobolo, I'd give you a few if you'd try them with Silhouette. I'm curious. If it runs, it might be the bullet for the CZeckmate.

Edited by 1SOW

1.125..1.130 OAL

That is shorter than factory ammo. I worry with my 1.165 but nothing has blown up yet, and I've been to 189pf. Those are CMJ's and JHP will only go 1.145, so I quit using them.

Which bullet, wgt and nose-shape?

Don't laugh. Berry's new 124 HBRN TP(thick plated) .356 bullet is rated at 1450'/sec in 38 Super. I load these for minor and the bullet will load out to whatever the mag will hold in a 75B and clear the lands. 1.169"+. The bullet is .619" long but the "base" is hollowed out. That gives more case volume and the long rifling contact of the Zero JHP.

http://www.berrysmfg...gr_HBRN_TP.aspx

cocobolo, I'd give you a few if you'd try them with Silhouette. I'm curious. If it runs, it might be the bullet for the CZeckmate.

I'm running a gaggle of STI's but was thinking of snagging a CZeckmate if the opportunity came along. I was just in the hopes that I could use the same ammo for it as the rest of the 9 majors I have. I've loaded down to the shortest chambered gun, in the fleet at 1.165, the deepest throat will go 1.200. If they got to be that short I could either load special or whip out the manson reamer and cure the issue, in about 5 minutes. My 75B and Shadow run this 9 major 1.165 load with no issues other than a bit more flip and slap.

This is my first open gun so I can't say how it compares with a 2011 style open gun but so far I am liking it.

The only issues I have had with the big stick is when I run my short 95gr JHP Steel Challenge loads due to the short OAL and flat front of the bullet. I can get 26 with a full profile bullet loaded out to 1.165" and have no issues and 25 with the short OAL bullets. I know they advertise that the big stick is supposed to fit 27 but even with an Lula loader there isn't enough room for the 27th.

I have been happy with the gun, I shoot primarily steel with it so I haven't set up loads to make major yet, that is next years plan. I checked the trigger pull recently and it is at 1 3/4lbs with nothing done to the gun.

This is my first open gun so I can't say how it compares with a 2011 style open gun but so far I am liking it.

The only issues I have had with the big stick is when I run my short 95gr JHP Steel Challenge loads due to the short OAL and flat front of the bullet. I can get 26 with a full profile bullet loaded out to 1.165" and have no issues and 25 with the short OAL bullets. I know they advertise that the big stick is supposed to fit 27 but even with an Lula loader there isn't enough room for the 27th.

I have been happy with the gun, I shoot primarily steel with it so I haven't set up loads to make major yet, that is next years plan. I checked the trigger pull recently and it is at 1 3/4lbs with nothing done to the gun.

I can fit 27 Magtech 9B in my two big sticks, which is great.

Is the trigger pull really just under 800 grams (1.75 lbs)???

I know it's very light but I thought it would be over 1360 grams, which is the lowest allowed trigger pull when you shoot precision at 25 meters in Sweden. Does anyone know how many pounds the recoil spring is at?

I haven't been able to find a specification for the factory recoil spring but I am thinking it is around 12-13 lbs.

Do you have any other specs on it? I want every possible info on this gun. Why can't CZ reveal all info on it? Doesn't they think we're interested?

I shoot the CZ CTS in Limited and used to shoot the 85 combat in Production.

I can't imagine shooting anything else in Open. I would break out in cold sweats and would turn green if I had a 2011 in my hand. :sick:

I know with my CTS the mags dont hold as much as a 2011 unless I order grams guts for the mags which puts me at a very slight disadvantage. But I would imagine that since people I know can get 30 rounds into their 2011 open mags it puts the czechmates at a disadvantage, am I wrong?

I really don't have any other specs for it other than what is advertised with the gun. I don't know why they don't give any extra information for it.

The magazine capacity hasn't been an issue for me yet. A stage with more than 26 rounds there is typically a spot to reload at. I think there will be some solutions for the magazines on the market in the near future.

I really don't have any other specs for it other than what is advertised with the gun. I don't know why they don't give any extra information for it.

The magazine capacity hasn't been an issue for me yet. A stage with more than 26 rounds there is typically a spot to reload at. I think there will be some solutions for the magazines on the market in the near future.

Message body

We believe the pistol includes a 14lb recoil spring. I compete with it

shooting major loads 168.9 PF. I've also shot Fiocchi 124gr FMJ factory ammo

which is probably not even making minor out of that pistol.

Rob Bagnato

Ghost Products Inc

CZ Custom Shop

480-969-1311

The same spring the regular TAC Sport uses--I think.

Edited by 1SOW

Hi,

I am like all of you: the fashion addict.

Hubert

Hubert, what's the model number for those grips and the magwell. CZUB's site is slow and vague.I know I found a place that sold those parts and wasn't horrific to navigate. I'd appreciate it if you could point me where you got them.

Also, what do you think of those grips vs the CZC aluminum skate tape combos?