Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate

mhop

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a great choice for beginner or expert. It runs great and can be an open or limited gun in just a few minutes. It's reliable!! I have recommended it to anyone wanting to shoot 9mm in open whether they are new or not to open. Some (most) 9mm open guns that use spacers, etc are finicky and the reason a few people I know have quit shooting open.

Anyone know what the thread pitch & size is on the Czechmate barrel/compensator? I just got one (hooray!), but when I went to test fit the compensator to the threaded barrel, it got too snug to fast the first quarter turn, I think it started to cross-thread. So I'd like to clean up the threads before going further, but would like confirmation on what tap/die size to use. Thx!

Edited by trgt

Does anyone know if this gun is IDPA legal for ESP in its Limited form? I've searched all over the interwebz for dimensions and weight, but I can only get data for it in its open configuration.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

M15x1 should be the thread.

M14x1! M14x1! This typo almost cost trgt a barrel :blush:

It's a metric thread, 14mm major diameter with a 1mm wide thread

The Tanfoglio threads are M14x0.75 for small frame and M15x0.75 for large frame.

LOL, CZ-USA fixed my compensator/barrel threads for me no-charge, so I never used that tap and die. In a couple months when I un-earth the M14x1 tap/die in the garage I'll offer it up for sale :-)

Why two spare threaded barrels? Instead, why not a .40 top end so you can shoot limited/standard too? Or at least a shorter 9mm non-threaded barrel so you could shoot 9 minor Limited/Standard.

I know this post is way old but since the thread is bumped I'll clear it up for anyone reading this and wondering.

The gun IS legal for USPSA limited AND IPSC standard divisions when you fit one of the spare barrels with the 'barrel nut' or 'blank comp' that carries the front sight. and then of ocurse remove the racker and replace with rear sight and remove the cmore. It's quite close but it does fit the box for IPSC standard. Yes of course it's still 9mm and hence minor but if you want to play in limited/standard or some other iron sight division then you have the option. That is the point of providing the spare barrels and the blank comp with front sight.

No more 'spare' barrels :( Originally 2 spares, my understanding, when there was worry of issues. But later only one spare barrel, and now none.

You can fit the "sight tracker" barrel nut to the one barrel it ships with to change to iron sight / Limited configuration.

yeah we no longer get the spare barrels either. in our case there was some issue about all 3 barrels having the same serial number. on arrival I believe the local distributor had a licenced gunsmith add the -1, -2, -3 to them so they were properly serialised but I did also hear they initially thought with 9mm major we'd all be shooting out the barrels in no time and supplied spares to head off that problem.. Since that doesn't happen they no longer supply the spares. it's a shame as I liked the idea of at least having 1 spare barrel so you could say keep one for coated lead practice ammo and one for jacketed/plated ammo. I don't like mixing coated and plated in one barrel.

It's not exactly a 5 min job to switch from open to limited/standard config anyway so having to remove the comp to install the blank/sight is not a big deal. still it was nice while it lasted. I did hear price went down a bit after they removed the spares?

.... I did hear price went down a bit after they removed the spares?

not in the US, at least suggested retail price. Was $2999 in 2013 (with 2 or 1 spare barrels), $3164 earlier in 2014 with one barrel, now $3317 with no extra barrel. (I believe)

Edited by trgt

• 2 weeks later...