Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate

mhop

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the barrels, I think it would be cool if you had one barrel ported, and for practice as you could shoot whatever you want out of the non ported one. Just my thoughts, and the barrel with the threaded extension with the sight would be good for standard minor as I think there are more than one country that cannot have larger than 9mm/.38 caliber.

barrel nut with removable front sight

rear fixed sight

Yeah, I saw that, but I doubt that's legal for IPSC Standard and I'm sure it's not legal for USPSA Limited, otherwise everyone shooting limited would be throwing on old school unported Clark Pinmasters on their Limited guns.

Edited by mpolans

I'm sure it's not legal for USPSA Limited, otherwise everyone shooting limited would be throwing on old school unported Clark Pinmasters on their Limited guns.

Actually if the production #'s are reached that would be legal... STI did it with the Tru-sight and it was kind of a flop.

http://jerrythegeek.blogspot.com/2006/04/ipsc-sti-trusight-accepted-in-uspsa.html

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/nroi_rulings.php?action=edit&indx=24

Talked to Matt this morning and it'll ship out today or Monday! :cheers:

I'm impressed they kept a lid on this long enough to get them in stock. I assumed I'd order it today and it would be months before it actually arrived. I was SHOCKED when Matt said it would ship so quickly. I'm impressed! :bow:

My Open 3-gun package is nearly complete - just need my Saiga-12 back from R&R.

Now to start thinking about a minor 9mm load that still works the comp.

mmm. Can't help but notice that you are from San Mateo, Ca.

Is Matt gonna ship this to California? I guess it would fall under Cz TS?

Edited by shooterbenedetto

That's a good question. Depends on whether it still says CZ 75 Tactical Sports on the side or Czechmate as to whether it would be on the "safe" handgun roster. http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

However, I'm not taking a chance on it. There is a family transfer exemption to the Cali law so Matt is shipping it to my Dad's FFL in Oklahoma who will then ship it to my FFL in Cali as a family transfer. All transfers are through FFLs so the Feds are happy and all Cali knows is it's a gift from my Father. Sure, I'll be out an extra transfer fee and some shipping but since I already shoot a TS I think I'll make it up in ammo trying to adapt to a 2011-style gun. :ph34r:

Once it gets here we can scrutinize the markings and ask some FFLs here if they'd allow it in as a TS.

As to the Limited/Standard question, one thing I heard (when I was investigating bringing in a Sphinx Open gun) is that the ATF will not allow any handgun to be imported into the US if it doesn't have iron sights on it. So the irons could just be a legality for importation.

That's a good question. Depends on whether it still says CZ 75 Tactical Sports on the side or Czechmate as to whether it would be on the "safe" handgun roster. http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

However, I'm not taking a chance on it. There is a family transfer exemption to the Cali law so Matt is shipping it to my Dad's FFL in Oklahoma who will then ship it to my FFL in Cali as a family transfer. All transfers are through FFLs so the Feds are happy and all Cali knows is it's a gift from my Father. Sure, I'll be out an extra transfer fee and some shipping but since I already shoot a TS I think I'll make it up in ammo trying to adapt to a 2011-style gun. :ph34r:

Once it gets here we can scrutinize the markings and ask some FFLs here if they'd allow it in as a TS.

As to the Limited/Standard question, one thing I heard (when I was investigating bringing in a Sphinx Open gun) is that the ATF will not allow any handgun to be imported into the US if it doesn't have iron sights on it. So the irons could just be a legality for importation.

Good info for Ca who wants it. If not, They can always just add the compensator and racker to the TS!

I really dont see any other difference plus a black anodize finish.

There two other immediate visible differences.

- Frame re-contoured

- Shorter dustcover

The Czechmate frame has higher under-cuts and also appears to be slimmed down front-to-back, judging on visible material in front the grips. The slide appears to be standard TS-length, but the dustcover is definitely shorter than a TS. It's unfortuante that the production Czechmate lacks the finer checkering that was present on the CZ-UB custom shop sample that appeared a year or two ago (which would actually be useful, unlike the "nubs" on the stock TS).

And there's no way it's an anodized finish - you don't anodize steel.

So, technically "your dad gave you a czechmate as a gift" right? Is your dad willing to adopt? :D

I'm sure it's not legal for USPSA Limited, otherwise everyone shooting limited would be throwing on old school unported Clark Pinmasters on their Limited guns.

Actually if the production #'s are reached that would be legal... STI did it with the Tru-sight and it was kind of a flop.

http://jerrythegeek.blogspot.com/2006/04/ipsc-sti-trusight-accepted-in-uspsa.html

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/nroi_rulings.php?action=edit&indx=24

Yep, and I thought That was an exceptionally poor ruling. What excuse would be used not to claim the "barrel nut" didn't act as an added weight designed to control/reduce recoil in violation of Appendix D2. 22?

i would call them and ask. i think the 26 round big stick is already at 170mm. race holster, if it is anything like a TS, then i was able to get a cr speed WSM2 holster to work with it. There was plenty of room left for barrel length to accomodate the compensator with the muzzle platform.

So I'm next in line to get one of these bad boys, are there any mag extensions existing so we can bump up the round count? What about a race holster?

I don't have mine yet but I would guess that they're similar to TS mags and that Angus' http://czcustom.com/ TS basepads would fit. But I'll let you know when I get mine. As burningsquirrels said, check the length - we may not be able to add basepads to the big stick.

As for a race holster, the Arredondo one fits my TS so I assume it will fit the Czechmate. http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/

Also, I don't see why the Safariland 013 wouldn't work if you install the Arredondo platform.

Edited by grywlfbg

You all are leading the way..CZ is pretty conservative on mag capacities. you'll have to play with some different combinations and check lengths in the gauge. looking forward to the information you all find out.

i would call them and ask. i think the 26 round big stick is already at 170mm. race holster, if it is anything like a TS, then i was able to get a cr speed WSM2 holster to work with it. There was plenty of room left for barrel length to accomodate the compensator with the muzzle platform.

Presumably the frame is still roughly the same as a TS, especially in the trigger guard area, so a Ghost should work no problem, and a CZ block for the DAA RM should be able to be fit with slight modification. (It is normally for a Shadow, which has a trigger guard slightly thinner than a TS - while I can't comment on RM fitment yet, I will say that my standard small-frame CZs are significantly looser than my TS in the Ghost.)

Edited by Walküre

THE BIG STICK THAT COMES WITH THE GUN IS 162MM WITH THE STOCK BASEPAD SO IF YOU REMOVE THAT I THINK YOU COULD GET AT DIFFERENT BASPAD FOR IT TO FIT THE GUAGE