Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

June 2010 Handgun Rules

wgnoyes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have a summary of the changes?

I believe it just incorporates the rules changes from Mar '10 into the complete book.

Bill, do you know if a new copy will be printed and mailed soon?

Edited by spanky

http://uspsa.org/rul...andgunRules.pdf

Bod Online Meeting Minutes Jul 12-18 (Member's pin required)

And now you know as much as I do. smile.gif

Thanks Wayne,cheers.gif

A.T.

"Wayne?" Uh, "Bill", actually...

No, I don't know if or when a printed rulebook will be sent. And I also don't know of a summary list of the changes. I REALLY meant it when I said "And now you know as much as I do". I only found out today when I tripped over a post somewhere else referring to updated Multigun rules and went looking for them. I didn't find the MG rules, but I did find these.

blink.gif Single Stack slot policy agreementblink.gif

Uh... yeah, though that should be for a different topic.

I just printed mine, and depending on your printer, that could be tricky. (HP's printers have something called booklet format, which handles it very well.) Guess we gotta start calling it the "Grey Book".

post-2179-127975978471_thumb.jpg

Edited by wgnoyes

From the production rules:

(New)

Magazines Prior restrictions on magazines have been lifted.

OEM and aftermarket magazines and base-pads may

be used. However, any and all magazines used in

competition, must fit into the USPSA box while

empty and inserted in the handgun as described in

item 7 of this appendix. Grip tape and/or skate board

tape are specifically allowed on magazines and basepads.

Missing definitions in the June 2010 Handgun Rules PDF:

Handling (as in "handling a firearm")

Draw

Dropped gun (during the Course of Fire)

These definitions were in the "Corrections to USPSA Handgun Competition Rules January 2008.pdf" but not in the current June 2010 Handgun Rules.

Were these deliberately dropped, or just an oversight?

Missing definitions in the June 2010 Handgun Rules PDF:

Handling (as in "handling a firearm")

Draw

Dropped gun (during the Course of Fire)

These definitions were in the "Corrections to USPSA Handgun Competition Rules January 2008.pdf" but not in the current June 2010 Handgun Rules.

Were these deliberately dropped, or just an oversight?

Damn. I've contacted my area director. USPSA deliberately included those in the Mar 2010 Update and I can't believe they intended to drop them back out. Folks, please keep proofing this and see if there's anything else missing or blatantly wrong.

Damn. I've contacted my area director. USPSA deliberately included those in the Mar 2010 Update and I can't believe they intended to drop them back out. Folks, please keep proofing this and see if there's anything else missing or blatantly wrong.

Maybe they should have put it (and the changes made) out to all the SC's and MD's to proof before posting it on the web page?

Edited by vluc

Maybe they should have put it (and the changes made) out to all the SC's and MD's to proof before posting it on the web page?

No kidding. That's what I've been saying all year. Rules changes, regardless of how small, need to be vetted by both the membership in general in a forum such as this one (thanks to everyone here who does that with such thoroughness!), and also the Corps of Range Master Instructors who go out and teach RO seminars based on the rules every weekend.

got this little match this weekend

you know the Indiana Section

Is this now the official rule book that we are going by?

I think you are forced to both by the 2008 rule book, as well as the 2010 rule book. See 1.3.1.

1.3.1 Match organizers wishing to receive Level II or Level III USPSA sanctioning must comply with the general principles of course design and course construction as well as all other current USPSA Rules and regulations relevant to the discipline.

Be sure to update your "walkies". Our level II match recently had errors in the "walkie" that said we were using the 2008 rules and the Sept 2008 amendments.

(As I gave the "Make Ready" command, I spotted a production shooter on his second stage with a plastic plug that changed the profile of the gun. I think if push came to shove the Sept 2008 amendments would have allowed it because it was the June 2009 Production rules that made the clarification that made it illegal. I'm guessing that it would have been an interesting arbitration if it went to arbitration. Anyway, the CRO called the the RM, and let him sort it out with the shooter.)

got this little match this weekend

you know the Indiana Section

Is this now the official rule book that we are going by?

Okay, based on what Kimberly Williams at Sedro Woolley said below, no, they now obviously intend for you to use the 2008 Blue Rulebook with all applicable updates for the Indiana Section match. (Saves you having to run around burning up toner cartridges!)

Edited by wgnoyes

NOTE: That version of the rulebook was posted in error and is NOT official. Once we discovered it had been posted we removed it at once. You are more than welcome to download and print all you want, but realize it is not an official rulebook and will not be recognized at any official match as such.

Kim Williams

Operations Manager, USPSA

If the board approved the 2010 handgun rules, and they were published on the site, doesn't that make them official?

It would normally be so, except USPSA HQ reps have already stated they were incomplete and should not have been posted.

Once the full version is posted I'll go with that.