Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Cup Results

Service Desk

The results make for interesting reading. I've got to admit to being surprised that only one clean was shot.

Still, that's the nature of the game and it bites you when you least expect it.

Congratulations to Tiffany Piper for winning Junior (if you read this, although I don't know you, I know your old man)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on how the Ladies finished???

Tad

(unofficial) congratulations to the top 3 ladies in Open Division: Jessie Abbate claimed her first "cup" victory, Julie Golob finished second and Vera Koo was third woman! Way to aim, ladies!

Randi Rogers won top female honors in Production Division! Annette Aysen finished second, and Judith Ragsdale shot her way to third! Great shooting, ladies and congrats!

Metallic was an uncontested win for Laura Day

From Woman of the USPSA

Edited by JThompson

Metallic sight, no dot, no comp, no wings,. You ar enot allowed to contact the barricade with the firearm whilst in the act of firing. It may contact the barricade under recoil.

Can you be in contact with the barricade? Normally I brace my wrists against the barricade, not the gun.

Metallic sight, no dot, no comp, no wings,. You ar enot allowed to contact the barricade with the firearm whilst in the act of firing. It may contact the barricade under recoil.

so that's a block of steel on the end? interesting.

Olde Skool. Pin shooters used to do that to add weight and tame recoil before the first compensators became popular. And hey, if you're going to add lenght, you might as well extend the sight radius.

Olde Skool. Pin shooters used to do that to add weight and tame recoil before the first compensators became popular. And hey, if you're going to add lenght, you might as well extend the sight radius.

was around then..just interesting to see it applied to Bianchi Cup shooting.

anyone got any other photos?

shawn knight has some bianchi cup photos posted to his facebook page.

I think rob leatham has done the same....

a hundred grand for breaking the 1900 mark with a production gun!!??

whoaaa!!

:blink:

I have to admit my first thought was "define "production" ?"

I guess I have a whole year to brush up on the cup's rules... :goof:

oh....yeah...according to michael bane's blog he was there with a film crew....so I am guessing that ya'll can expect to see a shooting gallery episode airing maybe next fall strictly on the bianchi cup.

Kyle Schmidt was using a Springfield. Not sure XD or Xdm

Encoh Smith ???

Dave Sevigny Glock 34

Phil Strader Smith M&P9L or Pro

Vance Schmid ???

Jerry Miculek ???

Mark Owensby ???

Randi Rogers Glock 34

Chuck Anderson Glock 34 (with one of them new cheater KKM barrels installed the week before Bianchi)

Alan Fleshman ???

Alan Fleshman ???

Al is shooting what he calls a "snub nosed" 686. The barrel is a stubby 6 inches :)

I predict that if someone claims the 1900 prize it will be with a 686.

Edited by Griz

How are equipment rules from USPSA Production alike/differ to Bianchi Production?

They're kind of a hybrid of USPSA and IPSC rules with the NRA's take thrown in. They don't match any other sport I'm aware of. Basically a DA/SA or DAO "Production" type gun. The basics types are pretty much the same, Glocks, CZs, Sigs, Smiths etc. The main differences are a trigger pull requirement, 3.5 pounds (every pull DA or SA), no adjustable sights unless the gun comes from the factory with a set, at least as an option, and aftermarket barrels. NRA Production rules say OEM only barrels, no aftermarket. For some reason the Bianchi Referee made a ruling about a month before the match that said aftermarket barrels were okay (with some stipulations). But this only applies at the Cup and not local matches. There are a handful of other differences between the sports but you really need to read the rules to figure them all out. Same with Metallic and Open. You can't just take a normal open gun from USPSA and shoot the Bianchi Cup.

How many CZ's, Sigs were really used? All 4 of mine have single action triggers under 3 lbs

out of the box. One would have to install a 30 lb hammer spring to make the NRA's trigger pull requirements.

Edited by Trader

You can't just take a normal open gun from USPSA and shoot the Bianchi Cup.

Actually, this is not the case. As long as the grip safety works and the trigger pull is 2 pounds it can be used. An extra sear spring is all that's needed to raise the trigger pull. It would help to use a light recoil spring and lighter load. Would this be competitive? That would depend on the shooter. It's a start and it's very difficult to compete with some shooters that have been shooting this for 20+ years. I know Steve Anderson used to shoot the monthly matches in Circleville. He told me it made for good practice. At one time we had a seperate class at the Cup for these guns but it was dropped due to lack of interest.

I started with a Springfield Open gun with a Weigand mount and a tube scope. No wings, mover base or prone pad. Shot the whole match standing.

Any gun used in USPSA can be used in an Approved Action Pistol monthly match. We don't enforce the rules unless it is a Registered match. (regional, state or national)

Thanks, Mike. I almost fell out of my chair when they told me that I finished 3rd. After I jerked the trigger during the 2 and 2 string at 50 on the Practical and shot an eight, I never thought that it would end like it did. The shootoff turned out better than I expected so all I can say is that it was one heck of a week.