Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Nationals

Supershooter

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the stages be posted or will they be posted?

The stages will not be posted before the match. This is a semi-surprise match. The range is open for inspection starting Wednesday when the staff shoots the match.

Why?

Because that is the way Russell wants it. :rolleyes:

The stages are pretty straight foreword anyway Jake, you'll see that when you get there.

The stages will not be posted before the match. This is a semi-surprise match. The range is open for inspection starting Wednesday when the staff shoots the match.

Why?

The stages are pretty straight foreword anyway Jake, you'll see that when you get there.

OK, I just thought with this being THE Single Stack NATIONALS stages would be posted. No biggie, nothing in the rules that say they have to be.

Yeah I have watched several of the videos (yours included) to get an idea. Looking forward to see whats in store!!

Why?

Good answer :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

About travelling to the match... And trying to avoid this kind of 6 year court trial: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-gunpermits,0,3451638.story

Because SS Nationals is in IL, I need to ask: what is the 100% legal way to transport guns to the match from other state ? Inside car trunk, unloaded in range bag or is there something else needed ? If stopped by LE officer, am I required to tell by the law that I have guns in the car ?

I have Colorado CCW, but seems it is just the same if I have it or not when in IL...

Hope there is somebody who can answer this, I know there are other people wondering about the same thing :)

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/1-154.pdf

I would think that competition would apply to the "hunt" portion of the statement.

IF A NON-RESIDENT IS COMING TO ILLINOIS TO HUNT AND WOULD LIKE TO BRING THEIR FIREARM, HOW DO THEY LEGALLY TRANSPORT IT?

Non-residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire Firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:

1. Unloaded, and

2. Enclosed in a case, and

3. Not immediately accessible or broken down in a nonfunctioning state.

Unloaded in a case in the trunk should be good to go.

Edited by furyalecto

About travelling to the match... And trying to avoid this kind of 6 year court trial: http://www.chicagotr...0,3451638.story

Because SS Nationals is in IL, I need to ask: what is the 100% legal way to transport guns to the match from other state ? Inside car trunk, unloaded in range bag or is there something else needed ? If stopped by LE officer, am I required to tell by the law that I have guns in the car ?

When I've gone in the past to Illinois I kept the unloaded gun in a hard gun-case with a padlock on it in the trunk of the car. The case was usually in my range bag which makes it less conspicuous when going from car to hotel room. Obey the traffic laws and you won't get pulled over anyway.

About travelling to the match... And trying to avoid this kind of 6 year court trial: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-gunpermits,0,3451638.story

Thankfully, Mr. Leonard Holmes successfully defended himself on this issue--so you won't have to!

Seriously, Quincy/Barry is a gun-friendly area. Keep the heaters unloaded and inaccessible while traveling on the roads, and you'll be fine.