Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame - 1-16-04

dajarrel

Would you good folks look the other way while i vent. Icant go shooting to vent so here goes...bitch, moan, bellyache, mullygrub, cuss, fuss, complain, berate,......damn, I hate working. I hate politics at work, I hate people climbing over people, I hate with a vengence backstabbers. if I didn't need the money for guns and reloading components, I'd be a hermit.

does it show that I had a bad day at work yesterday?

dj

dj,

I can feel your pain.

The only difference is that, were I not forced to work for a living, I'd still work in the same place with the same people, just to give them back all the bad days I have had so far... (and I really need a violet GRRRRRR emoticon here!)

Its friday, why not tell us how you really feel, why cover it up or try to softsell it, just let it rip. I would tell you how much I agree with you but I retired a little over a year ago and I really don't care how much working sucks anymore. It does, however get better, you just have to outlive the bastards. Larry

:lol::lol:One could also say "Shoot like nobody's watching...!" because I'd get too weirded-out and embarrassed any other way.

:angry::angry: Unfortunately, ya' get to a point where you quit caring about working hard, doing a good job, and hoping they appreciate it. Because they don't. Maybe they USED to, but not any more. And how many times can you 'start over' before you realize you're being drained and getting nowhere. I no longer feel guilty about going shooting on the occasional weekday afternoon. I only work part-time and who cares.

Life is too short. A sensible grandfather told me that when I was 12 and I understood it perfectly even then.

I hate that I can't get myself in gear to practice. I'm not lazy, I just don't have the energy (pain medications).

Last night I did put on all my three gun gear, bandoleer, chotes, AR-15 mag pouches on my thigh, Bladetech holster, etc. I was rigged out and ready to go. Then I sat down with my shotgun in my lap and watched two sitcoms before I fell asleep.

I wish I could practice with my gear and not sleep with it. I fear my improvement this year may not be what I had hoped.

Living in constant pain in your legs is no fun, but at least I have legs to feel pain in, some are not so lucky.

I'll stop my rant now Mr. Speaker and reserve the rest of my time.

The word "pain" seems to be the operative word for today.

I'll throw my hat/pain in the ring then, too:

Line from a song: "I haven't got time for the pain..." and yet many times that's the overriding physical sensation du jour...! So, I can relate. Even if I'd rather not. :angry::angry:

NEXT!!!!!

I hate that I went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch today that people have been raving about and they did not have Al Pastor. So I get something else and since I haven't eaten anything since yesterday afternoon my stomach freaks out and I almost poop my pants.

No Al Pastor? ... that's like a Chinese place not having sweet and sour pork!

To be fair, the salsa was good, but I still need adult diapers - I hate that.

No al pastor? Alert the health department.

Hey, all you guys talking about reading your new issue of Front Sight and the new Shooting Gallery TV show... STFU! Some of us don't get FS until a month after you do and we don't get the Outdoor channel on our cable systems. Quit bragging like your'e Eric Cartman with a new Trapper Keeper!

Hey, all you guys talking about reading your new issue of Front Sight and the new Shooting Gallery TV show... STFU! Some of us don't get FS until a month after you do and we don't get the Outdoor channel on our cable systems. !

Hey

At least you have Prop 18XXXX, 10 round mags, high taxes, very liberal base of voters, traffic jams, no AR's, Hollyweird, LA, SF, I could go on :)

Oh I guess you do have it bad. Well off to the Outdoor channel, probably read FS during the commercials. :P:P:lol::lol:

PS I am feeling cocky. Concealed carry passed this month here!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I spent the day trying to get a new drivers license in the Commonwealth of Virginia. New rule on the book, you have to demonstrate Legal Presence to have a drivers license. Anti-terrorism act I guess, gotta support that right? Can I prove that I legally am allowed to be in the U.S? So I look up the requirements and head down to the DMV. Guy says to me "Do you have proof of Legal Presence?" "Yes sir, I have a U.S. military Identification card" He says to me..."thats not good enough, just because your in the military does not entitle you to be in America" "Really and why is that?" I ask. He says "Because being in the military is not the same as being an American" Well I said "Yes you have a good point there but I'm not declaring my citizenship, just legal presence" Well he says "You could still be in the country illegally" So he denies me a drivers license, tears up the paperwork and tells me to leave. Being a little pissed at this point, having spent the day waiting for the license, I file a formal complaint against the department. Change the letter with the list or accept whats on the list. None of them speak English. None of them are natural born Americans. None of them understand why I'm getting annoyed with them. Only one guy in the place spoke fluent english, the manager, and he starts to understand that telling a U.S. military member he doesn't have the right to be in America might be a bad call. Eventually I get my license, but I can only keep my cool because I know I can come home and post on the Friday Flame!!!!!!

I hate that I have been so busy at work putting out fires that I haven't had time up to now to log onto the forum.

I hate that the USPSA classification data hasn't been updated yet. It is like being a kid at christmas time, and not know when the heck Santa is going to show up, or if he will bring anything.

I hate that work has been cutting into my dry firing time lately.

I hate that it is going to be DAMN cold this Sunday when I want to shoot outside.

I hate that I haven't gotten more than 3.5 hours of straight sleep in the last 2 months.

I hate that my avatar looks like crap, and can't find anything else I like better.

I hate that I am starting to get low on bullets, and will have to find a way to drum up some money to buy more.

I hate that a thread I would have liked to have seen more responces to from yesterday was closed before I even got a chance to read it. :angry:

I hate that in our litigious society, people that run tire shops think they have to use an air impact set at forty-five bazillion ft/pounds to put the lug nuts on a little old lady's car. :angry:

Where do thy think she's going to have her next flat? In their driveway?

I hate that Al Pastor is some kind of good Mexican food that I've never heard of. (for shame)

I think I'll go seach Emril's web site for a recipe. :rolleyes:

"...just because your in the military does not entitle you to be in America" "Really and why is that?" I ask. He says "Because being in the military is not the same as being an American"...
WHAT...???!!!!!! :o

WHAT...???!!!!!! :angry:

Holy moly, I give up. :wacko:

pastor = shepherd

AFDavis11,

Wow, your hate sucks on so many levels that I can't even respond to each one, but I'm with you. I hate that too! :angry:

I don't know if this is better or worse, but people don't have that problem in California. See below from the Sacramento Bee.

Driver's license repeal stalled

Democrats snub a Schwarzenegger bid for a compromise.

By Jim Sanders and Ed Fletcher -- Bee Staff Writers

Published 2:15 a.m. PST Wednesday, November 19, 2003

State lawmakers signaled Tuesday that they won't move quickly to fulfill Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's campaign pledge to repeal a measure granting driver's licenses to illegal immigrants.

"Because being in the military is not the same as being an American"...
WHAT...???!!!!!! :o

They're just taking it to extremes, you don't need to be a Citizen to be in the Armed Forces

I'm amazed they don;t think this gives you legal status - it's a typical government crap - they can't find it on thier list - there for it's wrong.

I would think in Virginia, they'd be used to this. Hello! That big 5 sided building!