Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

January '04!

Thirties

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the month is half over. (Ohhh, what does that say about me?) That's it! This month let's have comedy instead of trivia. Whoever can write the funniest/most insightful commentary on the age-old "half empty/half full" or "half over/half left" dilemma will be the winner.

(I started this to post a Zen question but this sounds more fun.)

And remember, the trivia-winner-limitation-clock resets at the beginning of the year. (Meaning everyone is eligible if that didn't make any sense.)

be

When considering the Zen of the container and contents, content and volume are only part of the equation. One must consider the abilty to fully use the contents to their maximum benefit in a way that satisfies the objective at hand before the full analysis of either the container or its contents.

Not all containers are equal, nor the volume therein. Is the container too large, volume too great? Or its contents too small in quantity or quality? One need ask why the substance in question is lacking in volume or qulaity and what the result of that expenditure has accomplished.

Only then will the way to improvement be found and the completion of the path to fullness be clear; the real possibility and path needed for change to the container or the contents will be known.

Zen thought on Saturday is better than working....

Matt Ulberg

I should expand on my ealier answer.

Usually the question is asked as:

Q: Is the glass half-empty or half-full?

A1: No.

A2: The glass is too big.

Either way...for me...I am trying to convey the message that there are more ways of looking at it than the two options the question is trying to lead you to.

Explore other possibilities...see things from a different perspective...attempt to look thru a different lense...