Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Box Player vs SAS dude

Why would the live fire guy stop and shoot so much? He could have done the COF in half the time if he simply kept moving forward the whole time as he engaged the targets. Maybe they should have a rematch with that X-Box guy against an accomplished 3-Gunner?

Why would the live fire guy stop and shoot so much? He could have done the COF in half the time if he simply kept moving forward the whole time as he engaged the targets. Maybe they should have a rematch with that X-Box guy against an accomplished 3-Gunner?

Agreed. I think an accomplished 3-gunner or other shooting sport person could have rocked on that course.

I think a lot of it would come down to what tactics the Soldier was taught to use and him doing it like he would in "real life" as opposed to a "stereotypical FPS gamer" just running ahead heedless of incoming fire.

Did anyone else notice that the gamer "cheated" a bit by lining up two targets at once to make up time? I will bet that if he had not done that he would have lost...but, it is all in how you play the "game" :)

Now that i think about it, I dont think either of their times were that good on the COF. Ill run it on my xbox when i get off work and see what kinda time i can get, haha

Why would the live fire guy stop and shoot so much? He could have done the COF in half the time if he simply kept moving forward the whole time as he engaged the targets.

Bad guys shoot back in real life and Soldiers/Sailors/Airmen/Marines will take cover if it is available. (Rather than ignore it like we do in IPSC games) :)

• 1 month later...