Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where is the 5" M&P .40 ?

mdschappell

I was excited to hear about the M&P Pro series .40 cal, that is until the gun was released. Why not a 5" M&P .40 ?

Is Smith and Wesson missing the boat by not building a .40 cal to match the very successful 9mm ?

Anyone on this forum heard anything about a 5" version in the pipeline ?

Just out of curiosity, will there also be a 40 L series as well not just the 40 Pro.

Why am I curious? Well, they have the 9 L and 9 Pro, so why not ask?

Later, Lumpy.

I don't recall seeing anything about a 40L. R,

Just out of curiosity, will there also be a 40 L series as well not just the 40 Pro.

Later, Lumpy.

I hope S&W learned their lesson with the 9L and 9 Pro. It took longer for either gun to be production legal because they were considered two different models.

Later, Lumpy.

I hope S&W learned their lesson with the 9L and 9 Pro. It took longer for either gun to be production legal because they were considered two different models.

This just popped into my head....the whole 9L/Pro thing was probably related to IPSC rules more than anything else. The 9 Pro isn't legal for Production, but the 9L is. I doubt anybody was going to pick a .40 for IPSC Production under the old rules, but with the mag capacity rules now that could change. That said, I doubt they'd sell many .40Ls to people who are planning on shooting primarily IPSC. R,

It seems April is what people are hearing for the release of the .40 Pro 5"....as soon as they're available, I'm getting one!

It's April anyone get a glimpse yet? :devil:

I too plan to get one as soon as I can find one.

There is one listed on GunBroker if you want to see a couple of pictures. The PRO SERIES engraving looks pretty cool. Price is $599, and you can get it NOW.

Looked for it...only found the 4.25" versions. R,

That said, I doubt they'd sell many .40Ls to people who are planning on shooting primarily IPSC. R,

Unless those folks live in N.J., where the .40 caliber M&Ps are popular because of the 15 round capacity limit.....

Still, on the grand scale of guns sold, I'm with Bart....

The frame on the factory photo isn't even drilled for a lock... are the 9s lock free as well?

No my 9 pro has the dummy lock like the picture of the pro 40 full size. I hope they keep it simple with the lock and mag safety options. I had one of the first full size M&P 9's I got from Buds (I think they were $350 then) w/o any of that crap. I remember the first match I shot with it... A bunch of people had gotten them from the local shops, in NC, and I had the only one with no mag safety and everyone else was fumbling around with an empty mag trying to clear and holster :roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

This just popped into my head....the whole 9L/Pro thing was probably related to IPSC rules more than anything else. The 9 Pro isn't legal for Production, but the 9L is. I doubt anybody was going to pick a .40 for IPSC Production under the old rules, but with the mag capacity rules now that could change. That said, I doubt they'd sell many .40Ls to people who are planning on shooting primarily IPSC. R,

Why isn't the 9 Pro legal for IPSC Production? I love my standard MP9 for Production and was hoping to move up to to 9 Pro at some point.

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by eric4069

Why isn't the 9 Pro legal for IPSC Production? I love my standard MP9 for Production and was hoping to move up to to 9 Pro at some point.

Thanks,

Eric

The Pro is now legal for IPSC, but would still have to make the 5# trigger pull rule. R,

Thanks,

Eric

The Pro is now legal for IPSC, but would still have to make the 5# trigger pull rule. R,

Thanks,

I re-entered my thread drift question in a more appropriate thread.(RE MP Pro for Production)

Eric