Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swinging plate rack - Polish Plate Rack

sbo76

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does one of the racks usually go for if built locally? Do the plates attach via the same method as a texas star. These things look FUN

Our club paid right at 1600 shipped for the PPR from north salt lake welding. the attachment system is similar to the one that MGM uses on their stars if I remember correctly. Not the same attachment system of the star that's made by Terry Ashton.

Edited by spanky

• 3 weeks later...

what does one of the racks usually go for if built locally? Do the plates attach via the same method as a texas star. These things look FUN

Our club paid right at 1600 shipped for the PPR from north salt lake welding. the attachment system is similar to the one that MGM uses on their stars if I remember correctly. Not the same attachment system of the star that's made by Terry Ashton.

After spending ALL day fighting with a poorly balanced plate rack at Space City, I think the sliding weight balance system on the rack Spanky refers to is most definitly the way to go.

• 1 year later...

At Tuesday night Steel (Rio Salado az) they had a swinging plate rack? (4 plates up 4 down) Has anyone seen one of these before? I was fortunate enough to make my hits, but i saw a lot of people who had a hard time. (they put a texas star on the next stage hidden by 2 barrels so you could only shoot at one side just to make it fun) I asked a few seasoned shoots about the rack. No one had ever seen one before?

I talked with a GM on an approach to shoot it. He told me to start from the downward canted side (in our case left to right) and take the bottom targets from the right to left. It seemed to work, but the rack went vertical on me, so I went from left to right to vertical top to bottom.

Only shot one a few times at the proam last year but thats how most of the shooters shot it. Started on either the top or the bottom and then switched. If you are fast enough the rack hardly moves. Check out the proam vids of blake and bob vogel last year pretty cool stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Shot a PPR for the first time yesterday. It ate my lunch but it was definitely an interesting challenge. I remember when I saw the Texas star the same way. I will be more prepared the next time I see one, and I am sure I will see it a lot now that my club has one.

• 1 month later...

At our local match tomorrow we decided to see how good some of our fast shooters are. We put out a PPP at the end of a stage but covered half of it with barrels so you can only see one side. This way it's going to be spinning for everyone no matter how fast you can shoot it .... Should be be quite entertaining to watch ....

At our local match tomorrow we decided to see how good some of our fast shooters are. We put out a PPP at the end of a stage but covered half of it with barrels so you can only see one side. This way it's going to be spinning for everyone no matter how fast you can shoot it .... Should be be quite entertaining to watch ....

That's just wrong, but sounds like big fun!

It still wasn't hard depending on your timing and how you shot the stage. With 2 paper available from either side, the plates could disappear allowing opportunity to engage the paper and be back in position for the remaining 4 plates without sacrificing much time. My timing didn't work out, but plenty of other people's timing did.

They are actually not very hard to shoot as long as you don't miss once you knock down the first plate. You don't have to be very fast (I'm certainly not) but if you start missing plates and take 2-3 secs to get your next one you will start having trouble. Of course if you are fast you can clear the rack without it ever moving ...