Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Murder investigation

Flexmoney

Good Luck with the investigation CMV.

I hope you catch whomever did it.

Hopalong

Sam, you left out, " There will likely be no murders at the 2010 Memphis Charity Challenge."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are interested, I will fill you in on what happened, etc as soon as I am able to tie it all up and arrest the murderer.

I appreciate the help...this forum is an amazing resource.

My question is who will be playing the role of CMV in the made for TV adaption of the story?

I have played myself several times on the A&E series "The First 48"

Would you believe, I'm watching a First 48 re-run right now featuring our very own Mr. Vaughn....... yep.

(Also featuring Detectives Matt Thompson and Doug Lindle).

It's the episode entitled "Last Night Out."

I assure you all this isn't a joke or spoof.

Additionally it isnt that we lack the resources to buy some ammunition, I haven't been able to locate any. design of the projectile is somewhat unusual in that it is a LRN with a deeply concave base. I only have (had) three rounds of the ammunition for the firearms examiner to work with for comparison and every cylinder in a revolver leaves slightly different identifying characteristics on a fired projectile.

Finally, I came here because I figured where was I going to find a more knowledgeable group of shooters, in one place, willing to help...

Wow, wish I had seen this post earlier, I am a Firearm Examiner (BCI Forensic Lab in London OH). I actually worked a few months for Hamilton Co Lab, so I know the firearm examiners there.

If you have everything you need, that's great, if not, let me know if we can try to help. you can pm me for contact info.

Also, The Association of Firearm and Toolmark Examiners (AFTE)has a forum specifically for firearm examiners to communicate and aid in finding ammunition for various labs.

Also for a little clarifications:

While the firing pin contacts every cartridge in the cylinder, it is possible for chamber marks within each chamber of the cylinder to be identified. So it is possible not only to identify if a fired cartridge case was fired in a particular revolver, it is also possible to identify the specific chamber it was in. You can also examine the front of cylinder to look for cylinder rings (black rings of residue) usually the last round fired will have cylinder ring overlap.

Also, most instances it isn't necessary to have exact ammunition to identify a fired bullet as having been fired by a particular firearm; however in some instances it does make my job easier.

Granted usually it isn't necesarry to identify a particular cylinder... identifying the particular gun will suffice.

In cases where distance determination is of interest (Muzzle to target distance)

It is crucial to have the exact ammunition that was used to make test patterns of gunshot residue for comparison. Since there are many different types of gunpowder and primers, having ammunition as close to what was actually used gives the best scientific results for comparison to the gunshot residue on submitted clothing.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to know why an empty case got left behind from a revolver? Did the perp do a reload?

Ever think maybe they recovered the gun with expended cartridges in it?:sight:

Alan~^~

Bingo :cheers:

Soon...as Paul Harvey used to say, "The rest of the story."

I don't watch a heck of a lot of TV (hardly any), but I will sit down at watch The First 48 if I see it...well done, and interesting.

Now, everybody forgets about "The Final Fifteen"....you know, that's where the Feds roll in, hold a 15-minute press conference and take all the credit :roflol: Sorry...couldn't help myself.

On a serious note, I'm very interested in the outcome of this!

• 3 months later...

Since y'all like the show so much, if my TV will tune it in I'll check it out Thursday. (It wll be my first TV show on my TV in maybe 20+ years.)

Since in AZ we are not on daylight savings time, does anyone know what time it will air here if it's on at 9 ET?

I goggled and got this fascinating link. But I'm still not dead certain.

From this (on that page):

On Major U.S. Networks, 8/7 Central Means:

8 Eastern

7 Central

7 Mountain

8 Pacific

7 Alaska

Since we're on Pacific Time, I'd guess 8.

be