Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big loud Hawaiian shirts for concealed carry

So my Indiana carry permit is in processing, and I'm a t shirt and cargo pants kinda guy. Big Hawaiian shirts seem like an ideal cover garment to me, especially in the hot summer months. Trouble is, I don't know where to find good ones. If I'm gonna do this, I wanna do it right, which to me means really obnoxious patterned shirts, preferably with semi-nude hula girls.

Any suggestions?

Wal-mart during the summer time. I personally don't think its a good idea though. You want to draw as little attention to you as possible. I prefer the simple button up winchester shirts they sell.

Wal-mart during the summer time. I personally don't think its a good idea though. You want to draw as little attention to you as possible. I prefer the simple button up winchester shirts they sell.

Corey, I don't disagree with your logic, but I'm a loud fat guy with a red beard. I draw attention regardless.

Big, loud Hawaiian shirts work for me as well as any other large shirt with busy patterns to conceal the outline of a gun underneath. I prefer to wear a tee shirt under the shirt to keep the gun and my inside the waistband holster from rubbing on my delicate skin. :roflol:

CYa,

Pat

Corey, I don't disagree with your logic, but I'm a loud fat guy with a red beard. I draw attention regardless.

Well in that case post pics when you find the shirt!! cheers.gif

:goof:

With utmost respect to HI-50, shouldnt a bunch of them be washing ashore

in say Kalifornia, right about now?

:roflol:

:cheers:

Maybe the next tsunami that hits us will wash those shirts over to Cali :roflol:

Over here, not only Hilo Hatties have them but our local KMart and WalMart have the loud and cheap ones :lol:

You want me to look for one for you? I might be able to get a 'kamaaina discount' on them too. :)

Hello: If you get the shirt you have to get the shorts to match :cheers: You can also look at some of the bars and resturants for there brand of shirts. Lastly look at second hand stores you can find some very good stuff there for next to nothing. Last time I went I found brand new with tags 5.11 shorts for $3. Thanks, Eric

Here's an alternative: Mexican Guayabera Shirts Some friends retired to Mexico and these are about the only things he wears any more. I've only got a couple so far but I'm going to get some more because they are really comfortable.

LoL those look like a neat shirt. do they make a "fat guy cut" so we can look like that guy. LoL

I like to carry a full size gun, and I'm big... and admittedly sometimes loud.... the shirt makes people think I'm an idiot more than a threat, which is great sometimes. other times not. I don't go for the loudest ones. but the busy patterns hide things very well.

holy crap I could hide my car in that 28X

Dick's Sporting Goods had a sale at the end of last summer and I stocked up on Columbia and North Face hot weather shirts. These are button up and designed to not be tucked in. They have venting and are designed for hot weather. I am in GA so it gets hot and humid! They are not as "loud" as the Hawaiian shirts.