Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 USPSA Nationals Slot

jasmap

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the call last Friday. Work schedule is iffy. Then of course there is another big match this year that I want to attend. I will decide in the next couple of days. Got it for being the best old guy in Limited last year at Area 8.

Jim

I have read the slot policy and the way it reads to me i should have a slot but uspsa says no. I dont understand it.

I was high overall revolver at Area 7, im from area 8 i dont know if that matters. The policy states high overall in each division will receive a slot

I also was 1st place B class Revolver at area 8 the policy states there needs to be at least five shooters in the class to receive a slot there was 7.

I never shot a uspsa nationals before if i have to go on the wait list does almost everyone that goes on it receive a slot?

I was high overall revolver at Area 7, im from area 8 i dont know if that matters. The policy states high overall in each division will receive a slot

I agree with you Josh, you should get a slot from 2009, hell I think I got a slot for only 4

revo shooters for A7 in 2008 :surprise: Doesn't mater what area your from.

Ya, just checked, only 4 revo shooters in 2008 and I got a slot to 2009.

You could check with Rob Bodrie, couldn't hurt.

Edited by 10mmdave

Dave thanks on the advise, im waiting on a reply from uspsa headquaters. You would think at a big level III area match every division champion would get a slot. Also revolver has the lowest number of competitors you would think they would give some slots away to promote revolver division.

I just want to make sure i get in the match as soon as possiable so i can start looking at airfare. And i dont know how the wait list works.

Dave thanks on the advise, im waiting on a reply from uspsa headquaters. You would think at a big level III area match every division champion would get a slot. Also revolver has the lowest number of competitors you would think they would give some slots away to promote revolver division.

I just want to make sure i get in the match as soon as possiable so i can start looking at airfare. And i dont know how the wait list works.

Hi Josh:

I thought you would get a slot from Area 7 since you won even though you were an out of area shooter. Not sure about Area 8 since there may not have been enough wheel gunners in you class. Everyone I know who went on wait list got in to the match so you should not be that concerned. That goes up in early/mid May. Hope to see you at PSA if I get the Drs ok.

Mike

If you get on the wait list you'll get in to the Nationals (get on it within 24-36 hrs anyway)

I think there was 6-8 folks that were walk-ons last year.

You shot a very clean match at A2. cheers.gif You finished one spot ahead of me in the overalls in Production.

Thanks Jas, I checked and you creamed me on most of the stages except for stage 8 and 9, that is just where I kept the points. Looking at your runs, I realize I have some work to do. See ya

Only area residents are eligible to receive slots awarded through

area championships except for first and second overall in each qualifying

Division.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get one either. Book a ticket and if we can't walk on; there is always the bunny ranch.....

Cliff, if I remember correctly last year there were a small number of walk ups and most if not all got to shoot the match so it might be worth a try if it comes down to that. And by the way if you didn't get an invite to this years nats someone must be smoking crack or something. :cheers:

Joe W.

So, if you win a slot at an Area match, is it for the current year or the following year?

For example, if someone wins a slot at the upcoming Area 6, is the slot for the 2010 or 2011 nats?

Any slots earned in 2010 are for the 2011 Nationals. The slots for 2010 Nationals were earned last yr.

As far as Cliff is concerned. Gotta watch that fella, he tends to joke around alot and wear outfits at matches that were designed for a Japanese sport. :surprise:

• If a Division has 1-49 participants, the Division Champion

will be invited to the following year’s nationals.

• If attendance is 50-99, the top eight men and four women

will be invited to the following year’s nationals.

• If there are more than 100 shooters in a Division the top 16

men, eight women, and high junior will be invited to the

following years nationals.

Flyin

[As far as Cliff is concerned. Gotta watch that fella, he tends to joke around alot and wear outfits at matches

Flyin

LOL Thanks for the reminder, I had finally gotten the images of his hot tub adventures out of my mind then you bring this stuff up. :roflol:

Joe W.

I earned a slot to Nationals for winning Revolver Division at Area 3 last year.

But I didn't get one.

When it was apparent there was a problem, I talked with Kim at USPSA, and from what I gathered there was a major snafu at HQ regarding the interpretation of the slot policy, and it had the effect of screwing over the shooters who should have earned slots for their 2009 performance in Revolver Division. And unfortunately, by the time I called in, the slots had already gone out to the sections, so now it's too late to fix the mistake.

Sure, I can get on the waiting list, pay $25 more, and shoot the Nationals. But that's not the real issue. What really bothers me is that Revolver Division gets shafted, yet again.

I'm very disappointed with the people at Sedro Wooley.

• 2 weeks later...

I earned a slot to Nationals for winning Revolver Division at Area 3 last year.

But I didn't get one.

When it was apparent there was a problem, I talked with Kim at USPSA, and from what I gathered there was a major snafu at HQ regarding the interpretation of the slot policy, and it had the effect of screwing over the shooters who should have earned slots for their 2009 performance in Revolver Division. And unfortunately, by the time I called in, the slots had already gone out to the sections, so now it's too late to fix the mistake.

Sure, I can get on the waiting list, pay $25 more, and shoot the Nationals. But that's not the real issue. What really bothers me is that Revolver Division gets shafted, yet again.

I'm very disappointed with the people at Sedro Wooley.

Mike, why is it too late. You should still be able to get a slot before the waiting list.

PS I got my slot today.

I got mine today also, Cliff.

I'm fairly certain it was my phone call to Sedro that finally shook our slots loose--everybody else got theirs a month ago.

But in any event, I'm glad USPSA was able to fix the situation.

• 3 weeks later...