Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dalai Lama

-JQ-

I'm with you on this. I thought it was funny that the News Chick seemed surprised when she said he had never heard of Tiger Woods.

Some reporter got an interview with the Dalai Lama, and the best thing she could think of to ask him was something about Tiger Woods?

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

--The Dalai Lama, as quoted in Guns and Ammo magazine, December 2001

Guns are obviously more important to him than Tiger Woods. Thank goodness.

Some reporter got an interview with the Dalai Lama, and the best thing she could think of to ask him was something about Tiger Woods?

Apparently that was the depth of her intellectual pool. She will do well on TV.

Yeah, if I had one question to put to the Pope it wouldn't be to ask what he thought about Shaquille O'Neal

You get to ask a question of someone who is believed to be the 14th earthly incarnation of a god, who has won the Nobel Peace Prize, is leader of one of the major religions in the world, is head of a government in exile who is a constant thorn in China's side and the best question you can come up with is what do you think of Tiger? :wacko:

Edited by Neomet

It truly WAS a dumb-ass thing to ask the Dalai Lama, of all people. Jeez.

So what if Tiger Woods was allegedly a buddhist?? A lot of people are. The Dalai Lama (or any other buddhist leader) can't be expected to know all of Buddhism's followers.

What the media currently thinks is "important" these days is getting to be downright nauseating. A very sad and embarrassing commentary on our society. :angry2:

I didn't take it that way at all. I just lost my ability to be compassionate to all sentient beings and non-attached so cut loose at her again. Bad Buddhist...... Baaaaaaadddd Buddhist. Maybe the reporter can ask HH what he thinks about me the next time she interviews him. :P

Edited by Neomet

Yeah, if I had one question to put to the Pope it wouldn't be to ask what he thought about Shaquille O'Neal

You get to ask a question of someone who is believed to be the 14th earthly incarnation of a god, who has won the Nobel Peace Prize, is leader of one of the major religions in the world, is head of a government in exile who is a constant thorn in China's side and the best question you can come up with is what do you think of Tiger? :wacko:

She may as well asked him whether he thought OJ killed his wife. :yawn:

I really don't understand why you all would be surprised about a question like that!?? Look at the top shows on the good ol tube.

America's Top Model. (Form, totally devoid of substance)

The Bachelor (Seems to me every one of these "happy" couples are divorced now.)

Any " Reality" show. ( C'mon, TRIBES, again??)

Same theater as in the Colosseum while Rome went down the tubes. This is MUCH improved though. You don't have to go out, it comes right into your living room!

This is the mental equivalent of of having a steady diet of "Agri-food" " Oh yeah, I'll have 5 or 7 more of them Pop Tarts".

I'm surprised she didn't ask if he gets Botox!!

Kevin C WHERE do you FIND stuff like that?? That is hysterical!

Some years ago I saw film, or more of a documentary, called 10 Questions to the Dali Lama.

The whole thing was awesome, I wonder if it's available online? Probably, because it wasn't a for profit thing. I saw it in a gallery in Scottsdale.

be

Some years ago I saw film, or more of a documentary, called 10 Questions to the Dali Lama.

The whole thing was awesome, I wonder if it's available online? Probably, because it wasn't a for profit thing. I saw it in a gallery in Scottsdale.

be

Brian,

I've got the DVD if you would like to borrow it.