Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 4 Model 34 Due Out When

ctkenc

We can only use it for shooting-sport purposes....not for home defence or concealed carrying....

I have to keep my gun in a safe all the time and ammo has to be separately stored in a safe.

I am only allowed to take my gun out for going to the shooting club, and then I have to keep it in it's case or a range bag, not loaded: ammo not in mags, and I have to take the shortest route.....

In order to buy a gun you have to be a member of a shooting club, where you can practice the discipline that goes with the gun you want: if the shooting club only does .22 rifles, then you can't get a 9mm pistol.

When you want to become a shooting club member, you are screened by the police and if everything is OK you get a " declaration regarding your behavior" (that's literally translated....), you have to present that to the shooting club, and after about 6 months of probation, you become a member.

During the probation period you normally get all kinds of training, regarding safety with different kind of weapons: rifle, pistol, small calibre, large calibre.

If you pass all the tests and nobody has a problem with you becoming a member, then you become a member and then the clock starts ticking.....

The first year you are not allowed to own a firearm and in the first year (and every consequent year) you have to practice shooting at least 18 times.

Then you can go the the shooting club and request an application form for buying a firearm ( one that's used for one of the disciplines that's practiced at the shooting club).

First you go to the gunshop and ask for a option form for the gun you want.

With that form you go to the SC, the fill out another form, with all the details of the shooter and the gun.

With that form you go to the police dept. they check everything and give you a form, and with that form you can go to the gunshop to actually buy the gun and take it home, to it's safe.

Then you have to show the gun at the PD, where they check the serial nr. etc

In the first year you can only have 1 firearm, and after that first year you can have max 5 firearms.....but for every addition to your collection you have to do all the paperwork again....

Well....that's how it works in the Netherlands....

Not really easy....you have to be patient.

That's why I moved to U.S. :)))))

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

The Glock 34 Gen 4 is finally out and available for order in the US. I ordered mine yesterday, a Blue label with the GSSF discount. They said delivery will take 2-3 months, as blue label Glocks come directly from the factory in Austria. Regular white label Glocks might be quicker to get, as they would come from the US factory.

I was told months ago that I could "order" a blue label but they had no timeline on when they would come in. I don't have the patience to order and wait with them holding my money.

A month ago they called me to say that my slide will be back around May 20th.......it won't take long now!

The slide has been away for 3 months now...

• 3 weeks later...

2-3 months out.....wouldn't really call that out lol

Finally....it's back home!!

what kind of sights are those? They look HUGE.

Yes, they do.....I didn't see them yet IRL.

But they are Meprolight TruDot adjustable NS

I also have the original Glock adjustable and a Optima 2000 red dot....and a Glock sight tool....so I can easily change if required.

The G34 itself also looks like it has a 12" barrel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard any updates on the G34 Gen4 availability?

Bump?

In looking through the GlockTalk forum, the words, "Hell" and something like, "Ice" or "Freezing", were mentioned describing the expected availability. Not sure what they were referring to though :-)

Honestly, even my buddy at Glock doesn't have that information.

• 3 weeks later...

Would that be Scotty?

Think he told me it went for ATF approval months ago... still nothing I guess.

I guess I need to write to my Senator and have him hit them up for another crime against humanity... <_<

Edited by PistoleroJesse

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of the wholesalers I buy from are showing Gen 4 34's as "in stock" with the inventory levels being at "99+". I have one ordered that should be here by sat so I can verify 100% when it hits my door.

Edited by zsavage81

A couple of the wholesalers I buy from are showing Gen 4 34's as "in stock" with the inventory levels being at "99+". I have one ordered that should be here by sat so I can verify 100% when it hits my door.

I received a call from the store that they have received my Glock 34 gen 4 today, after waiting about 4 months since I ordered it. I just have to go and pick it up!

Got my GLOCK 34 Gen 4 on August 23rd, blue label. The gun store manager told me they got them on the 22nd, evening.

I produced a quick video on youtube showing the new baby. Just search for Glock 34 Gen 4.

Blue label comes with dot connector and fixed plastic sights.

Got my 34 gen4 Aug 29th at L.E. dealer in Ft. Worth, through the GSSF pistol purchase program. I was third on the waiting list. It came with fixed sights. I wasn't happy about that, but I had intended to replace the sights with night sights anyway. My first Glock. I would have considered the new Springfield XDm with the long slide had I not already bought extra magazines and a holster for the Glock. All things considered, I'm thrilled to finally get it. I am impressed with the quality. Hope it shoots as good as it looks.