Gen 4 Model 34 Due Out When

ctkenc

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually, after I made that post I figured it out. :lol: And it makes sense. The G19 has sort of become the official unofficial issue sidearm of contractors in the Sandbox. I have been told, by people who have been there, "You're not allowed to take your own weapons, but when you get off the plane, literally almost the first thing they do is hand you a Glock 19."

the GSSF magazine that came this week says the G19/22 GEN 4s are next FWIW

The G22 was actually the very first Gen-4 Glock - and I say that as someone whose review of the Gen-4 Glock 22 is currently the cover article in the latest issue of Gun World. :)

That is a great article Duane. I have a G4 19 and three G14 17's. Have read a lot about them, and your article covered everything I have read or experienced for months and more beyond that. I read so many magazines on different subjects I normally toss them after reading them but I saved that one.

Its not just contractors and Iraqi PoPo that are using the G19 operationally.

Until the Gen 4 is proven a winner to the level of the Gen 3, I don't really want one. I'd REALLY like to see the RTF2 frame on the 34/35, but I doubt that'll happen, now that Glock has stopped offering them to the civilian market. They're still available to MIL/LE.

That is a great article Duane. I have a G4 19 and three G14 17's. Have read a lot about them, and your article covered everything I have read or experienced for months and more beyond that. I read so many magazines on different subjects I normally toss them after reading them but I saved that one]

Thanks, man. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I keep reading 'I have a good source that says' and stuff along those lines. Beginning to seem like its actual introduction will be sometime next year. Thinking that there just isn't as much demand.

Seems like even the Glock instructors and GSSF folks are hearing varied things.

• 1 month later...

Well I guess if an old post is going to be revived then I'll play. The Gen4 G35 has been out for nearly a month but only in Blue Label. The G34 isn't as popular with LE but still widely used and if all other Glock releases are taken into account, the Gen4 G34 should be getting ATF approval any second now. I would assume that it will also be a Blue Label only purchase for awhile like the G4 G35 and we all know Gaston doesn't really care about "civilian" sales much.

At the IDPA Nationals, the Glock rep stated the 34's and 35's would be available in June or July 2011. He also told me NOT to take my Gen 4 Glock 17 lower frame and put on my Gen 3 Glock 34 upper (slide). He claimed it might work for a couple hundred rounds but it would eventually "lock up". Who knows.......

At the IDPA Nationals, the Glock rep stated the 34's and 35's would be available in June or July 2011. He also told me NOT to take my Gen 4 Glock 17 lower frame and put on my Gen 3 Glock 34 upper (slide). He claimed it might work for a couple hundred rounds but it would eventually "lock up". Who knows.......

Seems as if he was wrong on both accounts.

• 4 weeks later...
the GSSF magazine that came this week says the G19/22 GEN 4s are next FWIW

The G22 was actually the very first Gen-4 Glock - and I say that as someone whose review of the Gen-4 Glock 22 is currently the cover article in the latest issue of Gun World. :)

Duane,

I would like to get a copy of your article. How is the best way to do that if it was a past issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks, Lumpy.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told today that the Glock 34 gen4 is coming out in about a month.

Benoit

I hope it does. I need one to go with my Gen4 19. Who did you hear this from ?

From a reliable source at Glock who knows more than the typical Glock rep. I need a Gen4 34 to replace my Gen4 19 for IDPA.

Benoit

I held the gen 4 glock 35 today...It sure will be nice for those of us with big trucker hands to be able to use the larger grip to more replicate the grip of a 21 SF...which is around the same size as the gen 4 wtih large backstrap in my estimation

BigBets