ctkenc

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok more Pic´s

I become my G34 gen4 for 900€ with the Safelock Box.

We can only use it for shooting-sport purposes....not for home defence or concealed carrying....

I have to keep my gun in a safe all the time and ammo has to be separately stored in a safe.

I am only allowed to take my gun out for going to the shooting club, and then I have to keep it in it's case or a range bag, not loaded: ammo not in mags, and I have to take the shortest route.....

In order to buy a gun you have to be a member of a shooting club, where you can practice the discipline that goes with the gun you want: if the shooting club only does .22 rifles, then you can't get a 9mm pistol.

When you want to become a shooting club member, you are screened by the police and if everything is OK you get a " declaration regarding your behavior" (that's literally translated....), you have to present that to the shooting club, and after about 6 months of probation, you become a member.

During the probation period you normally get all kinds of training, regarding safety with different kind of weapons: rifle, pistol, small calibre, large calibre.

If you pass all the tests and nobody has a problem with you becoming a member, then you become a member and then the clock starts ticking.....

The first year you are not allowed to own a firearm and in the first year (and every consequent year) you have to practice shooting at least 18 times.

Then you can go the the shooting club and request an application form for buying a firearm ( one that's used for one of the disciplines that's practiced at the shooting club).

First you go to the gunshop and ask for a option form for the gun you want.

With that form you go to the SC, the fill out another form, with all the details of the shooter and the gun.

With that form you go to the police dept. they check everything and give you a form, and with that form you can go to the gunshop to actually buy the gun and take it home, to it's safe.

Then you have to show the gun at the PD, where they check the serial nr. etc

In the first year you can only have 1 firearm, and after that first year you can have max 5 firearms.....but for every addition to your collection you have to do all the paperwork again....

Well....that's how it works in the Netherlands....

Not really easy....you have to be patient.

Thank you

Question for all you Europeon's getting the G34,what are you using it for? Competition?range practice? Home Defense? It seems that getting a handgun is not that difficult in Europe,as most Americans think.

For me it will be range only. Like in Holland there is no CCW. Home defense? It depends, laws here are very different than in the US. You are only allowed to use a gun if the otehr person has one too. Should somebody try to stab you and you shoot him, YOU go to jail!!

In future perhaps I will begin to shoot it in competition IPDA or something similar but for now, just shooting at 15 and 25 meters.

Igor B)

Ridder,

I was in Europe for work a couple of months ago and went shooting at the VIP range in Sofia, Bulgaria. Your story sums up what I heard there as well as far as gun ownership. The range master there was an IPSC shooter and explained the process to get his custom gun from the US. The ammo prices there seem pretty good but the cost of guns there is nuts!

Question for all you Europeon's getting the G34,what are you using it for? Competition?range practice? Home Defense? It seems that getting a handgun is not that difficult in Europe,as most Americans think.

I wouldn't say that it is difficult in France but just extremely tedious.

You first have to become a member of a club as well as teh french shooting federation. In order to become a member it takes about 1 to 2 months to get all the paperwork. Once a member you need to buy a shooting card and visit the range at least once every 2 months. After 6 months you can apply for a purchasing request card from the federation and with that and some other papers apply for a purchasing license at the local police station.

After about 2 to 4 months they will give you an answer. During this time they conduct additional background checks. Once you get a positive answer you must buy a gun within 3 months, if not it will expire.

For any additional guns you have to apply for a purchasing permit at the police station. In France you can have up to 7 guns but of specific calibers. I believe only 3 handguns and the rest hunting rifles or anything that is .22 LR.

Regards,

Igor B)

Passed by another gunstore over the weekend in Paris and asked about the Glock 34 gen4. They dind't have them in stock but could get it. After explaining what I wanted out of the gun ( accuracy at 15 and 25 meters) he gave me 3 alternatives that would do a better job than the Glock 34 gen 4:

- S&W M&P pro (9mm): better trigger, already has a fiber optic front sight, etc

- HK USP Tactical (9mm): great accuracy, good singel action trigger pull

- Glock 34 gen3!!!

His personal choice of the three is the Glock 34 gen3 due to the accessories available, ease of tinkering (the guy is also a gun smith) and resale value.

I was surprised to hear that but from his experience of the gen4 (as a gunsmith and shooter) he is not impressed. The trigger is heavier, the backstraps come a bit loose and the recoil spring is still not optimum. The fact that Glock is still producing gen 3's is his proof that the gen 4's are not running 100% yet.

Those of you with the new 34: let us know how it shoots and if possible compare it to the 34 gen3.

Regards,

Igor

I have one on order, but:

"We are very sorry having to inform you that we are currently not able to deliver GLOCK 34 Gen4 resp. GLOCK 35 Gen4 pistols, due to production shortage. The next possible delivery dates are by the end of March, and we may apologize for any inconveniences caused."

:(

All the paperwork is done....I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow!

There is a small problem now: at the shooting club/ indoor range they don't want you to use FMJ ammo.....

All the 9mm ammo I can buy here is FMJ.

I can start reloading with copper plated bullets (they are allowed) but first I need some cases....and for that I have to shoot FMJ ammo....

Can someone tell me what the problem with the FMJ is?

Is it too hard for the bullet trap? Is it because the jacket (or parts of it) can ricochet back to the shooters?

Well....today is what was tomorrow yesterday.

Early this morning I was called by the shop owner.....he just received an e-mail from the importer that there was a recall...not Toyota this time but for the Glock 34 Gen4....

All slides of all G34 Gen4's have to go back to Austria and I will get a replacement with the same serial #.

They couln't say when I get the new slide....so I will probably be back in The Big Sandbox when I get it back....then I have to wait for 6 weeks....

But I took the Glock without the slide back home and bought some ammo.

I took a pic....of the incomplete pistol....

So I guess Qwasti will soon get a letter too!

All the paperwork is done....I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow!

There is a small problem now: at the shooting club/ indoor range they don't want you to use FMJ ammo.....

All the 9mm ammo I can buy here is FMJ.

I can start reloading with copper plated bullets (they are allowed) but first I need some cases....and for that I have to shoot FMJ ammo....

Can someone tell me what the problem with the FMJ is?

Is it too hard for the bullet trap? Is it because the jacket (or parts of it) can ricochet back to the shooters?

post-29891-004562400 1298462320_thumb.jp

Early this morning I was called by the shop owner.....he just received an e-mail from the importer that there was a recall...not Toyota this time but for the Glock 34 Gen4....

All slides of all G34 Gen4's have to go back to Austria and I will get a replacement with the same serial #.

They couln't say when I get the new slide....so I will probably be back in The Big Sandbox when I get it back....then I have to wait for 6 weeks....

But I took the Glock without the slide back home and bought some ammo.

I took a pic....of the incomplete pistol....

So I guess Qwasti will soon get a letter too!

I have taken the same call from my dealer. But i can change my slide when my new slide is in store. I think i can make this change because, the Glock Headqouter is in the same city who i live (Yeas i am from Deutsch Wagram). My dealer says me that my slide come in the middle oh the next month to him.

It's also for the G35 Gen4.

During endurance tests they found some faults....

I could have taken the complete gun, but I have to go back to the big sandbox in a week and then I would have to bring the slide back to the shop: a 2 hour return trip.

When the shop owner receives the new slide, he drops it off at my home.

@ ridder: sorry to hear that. All the best of luck Over There.

I found out the other day that here in France there is no IPDA but only IPSC and in IPSC the G34 is a no-no.

Maybe I will get up getting an M&P pro which is accepted...

Why is this soo difficult!!!???

Igor B)

What is the difference between a G34 and a M&P that makes the M&P "acceptable" ?

BTW: I got myself a Dillon RL550B the other day and some other stuff that is needed for reloading: tumbler, bullets (Frontier copper plated), powder, primers etc etc. FMJ is not allowed at my shooting club, and that's almost the only 9mm cartridge you can buy here.

Copper plated 9mm bullets are available here and all the other components too: I have to start reloading.

I bought a couple of hollow points , because they are allowed, but they were 300 EUR/1000 (US$415).

9mm reloads will cost me 140 EUR/1000 (only the cost of components, not the press), so I will have to shoot a couple of thousand and then I'm break even.....

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking in for any updates, rumors, outright lies??

yes I have one of those. The Glock 34 Gen 4 will finally be available for purchase in the US in July 2014. It will be available in pink only.

Oh thank god, I was thinking they were never going to come out!

But, did they REALLY have to rip off the M&P9 JG? <_<

Edited by DonovanM

I was told two things by Glock today:

1- the Glock 34 gen 4 is still pending ATF approval.

2- once approved, there is a 10-12 weeks production delay to get them.

So we're looking at June at the earliest to physically get our hands on them in the US.

I also talked to two big name Glock dealers today who also advised around June and they had no other updates. These dealers usually have had pretty good info in the past about new releases. Crossing fingers for sooner rather than later

I also talked to two big name Glock dealers today who also advised around June and they had no other updates. These dealers usually have had pretty good info in the past about new releases. Crossing fingers for sooner rather than later

Greetings everybody from a newb.

Wow. That is beautiful. My brother (LE LT in SoCal) and I are dumping our XD45/XDM45s for these. They will be our first Glocks. I may have to get a Gen 4 G19 to hold me over though. Wouldn't that make a nice CCW companion for the G34? June seems like forever.

Great forum. Happy to be here.