Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Saul Kirsch's New Holster

ahtsay

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm, is it bad if someone considers preordering one of these to get the free belt combo deal even if they dont own an oen gun yet :huh:

"Build it and they will come" or in your case - "buy it now and you will get one" :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the holsters will be for very specific guns and their grip config.

Had to call them as they wanted to know if my order was for an STI or SV and;

If it was the plastic or metal grip...

They could not answer my "What if I later change to a metal grip?"

I'm still excited about getting something new :D

• 1 month later...

I ordered two (one for me and one for a friend) about a month ago for the plastic STI's. They told me that it would be shipped in April sometime. I asked if I could also buy the separate internals for the Glock pistols. They said they do not have those yet. This was one of the several reasons I bought this holster. Hopefully these parts won't be to far behind from being in stock as well.

I ordered two (one for me and one for a friend) about a month ago for the plastic STI's. They told me that it would be shipped in April sometime. I asked if I could also buy the separate internals for the Glock pistols. They said they do not have those yet. This was one of the several reasons I bought this holster. Hopefully these parts won't be to far behind from being in stock as well.

Hi all,

Check out our thread on Double Alpha BE Forum to see if you are the lucky winner of a brand new Race Master Holster!

We start shipping out holsters next week!

All the best,

The DAA Team.

You guys seem to have gotten my name wrong?? :devil:

Seriously, congrats to the winner. :cheers: I am currently debating switching from my current setup to one of these, looking forward to some reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to examine this holster up close last week. First impressions: it's a very well made and cleverly designed piece of kit. Gun retention is very good indeed. Despite the solid hold the holster exerts on the gun, drawing the gun is easy and fast.

I know what I'm getting if my Ghost gives up the ghost...

Still standing by!

I got mine yesterday - it's what Saul calls a *shorty*... they actually changed the design slightly to accommodate something and he said if I was only going to use it with an STI, then he actually preferred this style, but the design change would become the standard I believe.

Anyway, that was over 2 weeks ago, and the volcano got in the way of them shipping.... non-the-less, it's a pretty amazing holster and what an ingenious mechanism...

For those that were concerned with a Ghost, this solves that easily... I shoot a ghost all the time and really like, it, but I suspect this will become my main holster.

Just wait till you see them...

Alan

I walked in the front door and there was a postal service box on the ground. I had some stuff to put away and I still needed to say hi to the wife and kids. When I got to the kitchen and on the counter is the new CED catalog with the race master on the cover. Boy howdy I did a quick peck on the cheek, yelled hi to the kids and ran to the front of the house, with visions of a night filled with dry fire. Well it was something else I had ordered. Still waiting. And life went back to normal, as it should.

Hi all,

saul Kirsch here.

Let me update you all on the RM holster situation:

We are doing our very very very best to keep your wait as short as possible. As is always the case with a new complex product, some difficulties and delays can be expected at the start. All things considered I am pleased with the progress, and all will run smoother and smoother in the future. I am so very pleased to read the first impressions of those who have received their holsters - seems my design and locking mechanism is being appreciated by our customers! that is super! :cheers:

I can tell you that here in Europe we have now showed the holsters at a couple of matches- and everyone seems to agree, and want one. This of course makes me very proud. I have never had a product I have worked nearly as hard on as this - over a year and a half of making samples and testing and working through the frustrations of production. It's been a real journey and I am as anxious as you all to ship them out!

And this darn volcano set us back at least 10 days too, as shipments were held up as airports were closed, and transport companies are still trying to catch up with their backlog of cargo in Europe.

So let me answer a few questions i've seen online:

for those of you who ordered directly from DAA: we shipped out a couple of weeks ago the STI shorty model (more on that below). This week we are shipping out all the STI back orders, as well as the Glock and Tanfoglio. I expect to ship out the SP01 back orders by Monday next week. CED received their first shipment of STI only holsters about 24 hours ago and will be filling orders this week. they can expect to have the other gun models by next weekend in house.

We are already flooded with requests for additional gun models and I expect that we will have by the end of May also the Sphinx3000, the Six X5 and the HK USP. Possible also a revolver model, but I am still not sure about that. Strangely enough it depends on actually getting the right gun in house to work on - which in Europe is not always that easy.

Left hand model: we should have the first samples completed in 2 weeks, and I am planning to offer this option by August, but will say September to be sure. I will do my best to get it out there ASAP

And now a few words to explain the "shorty" model holster: The shorty model is different only in that the holster body is 9mm shorter (about 3/8"). this was the original design, until we realized that we simply could not get the Glock and CZ to work in this size housing, so we had to extend it, as one of the features of this holster is that you can replace the blocks for other guns... but, we already had a limited run in production, so completed 300 or so of the short block holsters, which we have nicknamed the "RM shorty". The shorty are available with inserts ONLY for the STI and SV Alu/steel. We may also do 1911 and maybe BUL inserts for it. The shorty is a good choice for those who only ever plan to use their holster with an STI, as it is slightly more compact and perfectly fitted to the STI. In the future, once these run out, we will not offer then again. so they are a "collectors item" too..;):rolleyes:

Oh - and one other thing I must comment on. This past weekend, at the Med Cup in France, a particular Dutch shooter, who has a personal grudge against me and DAA was going around spreading a rumor that we stole the RM holster design from Angus Hobdell! He did this maliciously trying to undermine my good name. :angry2: This is total crap, and he knows it. :excl: Anyone who cares to check with Angus should do so. Angus did contribute some good ideas, for which we have given him credit. but this holster design is mine, and certainly nothing was stolen from my good friend Angus.

So - that's a bit of an update. I thank you all for your patience and understanding, and hope you find the DAA Race Master was worth the wait.

thanks

Saul Kirsch

Double-Alpha Academy

Thanks for the update Saul. It is always intersting to get a small peak behind the scenes of a product development effort. My regular length STI holster is supposed to arrive on Monday from CED. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it and trying it out. The free belt will come in handy too. :)

It's a shame about the "rumor mill" but there will always be one. Idiots provide the fuel for these. That said, I fully understand why you're pissed.

Keep making your great products because I for one like using them. :cheers: