Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unlimited budget Production gun

simonsay

If this has been done before I apologize in advance. I'm moving to production in a couple of months and have already bought the gun. I was hoping to do it on the cheap but for several reasons, the gun I ended up with is on the expensive end of the list. Curious, if money is no object, what you guys would want to try. Is there anything more expensive than a tuned Sig? Some of the production guns = sticker shock.

Edited by simonsay

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why I would want to find the most expensive production gun. If money were no object I'd buy an open gun. But since I shoot production I would "maybe" consider making all the mods I could on my G34 and still remain legal. It shoots awfully good the way it is though. :cheers: If I remember right for the difference in the cost of a tuned SIG I could feed my gun for a year.

Edited by Sarge

Money cannot buy anything better than a Glock 34 with good sights, grip tape, a polish job on the internals, and a f*#king ton of ammo to shoot that bastard all the way to Master class.

That's fine for average Joe Public but I can't shoot a Glock without lots of blood and meat on my shirt and shooting glasses. I've given the Glock two big tries, and it just isn't healthy.

CZ Shadow from Angus or Matt Mink........... or if you really wanted to be exotic a Sphinx 3000

Another +1 for CZ but I like the lighter weight of the 75B. Angus Hammer and trigger job, fiber optic and adjustable sights, and the stock rubber grips work for me. The Shadow/SP01 are nose heavy and harder to drive and point. I shoot a Sig226 but the CZ kicks its butt.

If you have issues with the Glock and slide bite, the Gen 4 might fix that for you. With the biggest insert in it seemed to put a little distance between the slide and the top of my hand.

I picked up a Gen-4 yesterday. Freestyle grip, and my strong thumb knuckle is still going to take a gouging, if I were to touch one off. Without some tail, I'm not happy.

I bought a G17 (gen3 RTF) here on the forum and have practiced and dryfired with it to good results. Will be interested to see how I do with it in a match. iInever thought that I would end up shooting one of these guns because if the gripes some have with the trigger feel and ergonomics issues. So far, I really like this gun. I feel like I got a not only a good deal, but a really good gun regardless of price. I know buget isn't an issue in this thread, but if I'd shot a Glock alot more earlier, I might have chosen this platform for competiton sooner.(I will admit to being rather skeptical that I would even like the glock at all. I tried them several times though and always came away liking them.) This is a fun gun to shoot. I think I will eventually buy a G17L and shoot it LTD Minor. I like the way this shoots and feels, and think I might like that model even better.

JZ

I don't think there's really anything to be gained by spending more on a Production gun. If it's reliable, has a reasonable trigger and good sights, that's about all you need.

The most important thing is how the gun fits your hand...buy the one that feels good and you're on the right track. I went with an M&P Pro mostly because Glocks tear up my fingers and point high for me. I thought the X5 was too heavy, I wasn't all that impressed with the trigger, the grip is only so-so, and it seemed a bit much to pay nearly 4 times as much even though I could afford one. The CZ line is nice and they feel good to me, but I couldn't find one locally to handle or shoot (I was looking at the Shadow) when I was in decision mode (I'd handled them in the past)...they're also a bit on the heavy side, and a touch pricey, but not as bad as the Sig.

I've actually been thinking about doing some comparison shooting, pitting my M&P against something like the CZ and try documenting any differences I find in transitions, splits, accuracy etc...just sort of an interesting thing to do. R,

Chris I tried out a friends CZ Shadow (by Angus) a couple of weeks ago, and I couldnt believe how nice it was. For the price you get a really nice single action (DA/SA) Production legal gun. The double action was smooth, and the single action was very crisp with a really nice return. The mags reloaded easily ... easier than a Glock fer sure). But you're right it is a bit heavy. I dont quite understand why we try to find the lightest open & Limited guns, yet we think a heavy Production gun is the way to go. <_<

Canyon Creek had some of their XDs at a recent indoor tournament and I have to say, I've not seen a finer production gun anywhere.

Like G-man, I shoot the M&P Pro, but I'd take a very serious look at an XD Tactical in 9mm from Canyon Creek before you make the decision. The trigger was phenomenal.

I honestly think that newest latest and greatest is the EAA Stock 2. This gun is like a baby limited gun on a diet. Bull barrel, full length dust cover, and with smooth/crisp trigger.

I have a good friend that has one, and Yong Lee (Production GM) shot it after a club match last week. At this week's match, he was telling us he's selling his Shadow and ordering two EAA's.

Too bad they went from $680 t $1,000 and difficult to find. I honestly don't know how this gun is production legal.

I honestly think that newest latest and greatest is the EAA Stock 2. This gun is like a baby limited gun on a diet. Bull barrel, full length dust cover, and with smooth/crisp trigger.

I have a good friend that has one, and Yong Lee (Production GM) shot it after a club match last week. At this week's match, he was telling us he's selling his Shadow and ordering two EAA's.

Too bad they went from $680 t $1,000 and difficult to find. I honestly don't know how this gun is production legal.

Interesting... Yong runs the CZ very well. I'd be suprised to see a significant change. BTW, if he will guarantee the gun will keep shooting A's after I get it, I'll buy.

Chris...my Shadow is still NOT for sale :devil:

Like Chris said it is smooth as butter. I like the heavy-ish feel -- feels like you are cheating the power factor.

If you just want the most expensive production on the range, try an HK P7M13...in factory nickle. :sight:

Edited by hk_mtbr

Like Chris said it is smooth as butter. I like the heavy-ish feel -- feels like you are cheating the power factor.

If you just want the most expensive production on the range, try an HK P7M13...in factory nickle. :sight:

Did you try an M&P? They feel good, inexpensive, accurate, and reliable.

Once you pick one, PRACTICE!

Edited by jkatz44

Did you try an M&P? They feel good, inexpensive, accurate, and reliable.

Once you pick one, PRACTICE!

The OP was asking about the "most expensive" production guns with money as no object.