Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unlimited budget Production gun

simonsay

Chris...my Shadow is still NOT for sale :devil:

Like Chris said it is smooth as butter. I like the heavy-ish feel -- feels like you are cheating the power factor.

If you just want the most expensive production on the range, try an HK P7M13...in factory nickle. :sight:

Did you try an M&P? They feel good, inexpensive, accurate, and reliable.

Once you pick one, PRACTICE!

The OP was asking about the "most expensive" production guns with money as no object.

Yes. I was just trying to say that the "most expensive" production gun is not necessarily the best option.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you're right it is a bit heavy. I dont quite understand why we try to find the lightest open & Limited guns, yet we think a heavy Production gun is the way to go. <_<

Speak for yourself, Chris - I run a CZ 75 TS for Limited. Mine is over 3# with an empty mag - almost twice the trigger pull!

:D

And a +1 to a Shadow Custom as the ultimate Production gun - with my experiences with CZs and the work that Angus & crew do, I have no doubt that it is absolutely awesome (in the truest sense of the word). I was planning on ordering one this month myself, but some deals on other guns came up, so my re-enty into Production will be held off until later in the year.

I have a Stock II in .40 which feels like cheating when shooting minor 180gr. loads. I decided to stick with my Shadow though. Accuracy was the same, but I shot faster with the Shadow. The CZ double action with the competition hammer is way better, and the reset in single action was quite a bit shorter as well. Tanfoglio factory hammers are pretty soft after you break through the initial hardening so changing the dimensions on the hammer hooks wouldn't last long. Tanfoglio doesn't offer a better hammer, and anything Henning would come out with wouldn't be production legal

I think expensive and production are oxymoroninc. If you must spend a shit-ton of money on a production gun, I suppose that you could buy a Heckler & Koch P7M13. I think that that the magazines are even uber-expensive. If you are lucky, you might be able to pay full retail for it. :cheers:

Money cannot buy anything better than a Glock 34 with good sights, grip tape, a polish job on the internals, and a f*#king ton of ammo to shoot that bastard all the way to Master class.

BTW, Mr. Bender, the proper unit of measure is a f*#king-shit-ton of ammo. :lol:

Well since money's no obstacle, roughly $4,000.00 will buy me the gun, rig, ammo and some kick ass professional instruction. I'll be so blazin' bad out there no one will care if I'm shooting a Glick, XP, Stig, TZ or Hi-Point :)

Jim

I think expensive and production are oxymoroninc. If you must spend a shit-ton of money on a production gun, ...

I wasn't trying to spend a bunch of money, it just ended up that way. It got me to thinking that one of the entry level divisions can be a little costly if desired. Spending money doesn't make you better, I get it. Finding a gun that fits does. The point was to see the "if", as in "if" money didn't matter.

If I was looking for sexy, I would undoubtedly go for a Sphinx 3000 Production:

14kuzxh.jpg

http://eng.sphinxarms.cz/products/Sphinx_3000_Competition_Production.htm

But since I am more interested in utilitarian, I'll stick with the Glock 17

I am a Glocker and will stay that way as long as my department does but d%&& that is a pretty pistol....

• 3 months later...

I think that the HK P7's are pretty darn nice shooters. They cycle fast, have very low bore axis, reload quick, and are unique enough to draw attention. On the downside, they are expensive (a downside for me anyway), they get extremely hot from extended shooting, and the M13 doublestack version is like holding a 2x4. With all that said, I often miss the P7M8 with Nills grips that I sold.

• 2 weeks later...

smallframe stock 2 tanfoglio 9mm. Aluminum grips,...big thumb side only safety (which for production serves as a thumb rest. Bull barrel,..etc. Then (in USPSA),..you can run lighter springs and throw in some Henning parts. I find the DA travel and distance is shorter than my shadow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The thought of dumping P7 M8/13 mags on the ground during a match makes me cringe.

How much do M13 mags cost now? I haven't looked in awhile.

I think they were $85/ea the other day when I ordered some other HK parts.

The thought of dumping P7 M8/13 mags on the ground during a match makes me cringe.

How much do M13 mags cost now? I haven't looked in awhile.

I think they were $85/ea the other day when I ordered some other HK parts.

Still a lot cheaper than S_I Limited or Open mags! One of my $200+ big sticks hitting the ground on about half of the stages leaves me with no sympathy for any factory mag, even if it is $85! :)

Is the HK P7 legal for Production in USPSA?

Anyway my choice would be the XDM with every legal mod. If that uber expensive limited edition stainless Beretta (millennium?) isn't legal.

I own an XDM in 9mm. I'm just starting out. What mods are you talking about (just so I have an idea of what's to come)? Care to elaborate?