Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beer Good!

jessej

Surly Furious (100 IBU) when I cannot get Surly Abrasive (120 IBU) JL Beers here has about 50 different beers on tap between their 3 area establishments. I like many of the IPA's and double IPA's. They are good about giving samples when you want to try a couple different ones to see what you like and what you do not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on a Oskar Blues Momma's Little Yella Pills here lately. How a pilsner should taste, not that watered down Bud/Coors/Miller stuff.

There's a local brewery (a few actually) in Birmingham called Good People Brewing Company that makes some strong high gravs. Snake Handler is a 10.2% ABV DIPA that has a strong American hop base. Another strong brew is Strongman, it's just over 10.5% ABV.

I also must say that the St. Bernardus Abt 12 is a favorite as well.

• 2 weeks later...

The only 3 that are constantly in the fridge:

Starr Hill "The Love" - Wheat beer out of Charlottesville, VA

Stegmaier "Gold" - American Lager from Wilkes Barre, PA

Schneider-Weisse "Aventinus Eisbock" - German Wheat beer, pricey, but awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've found the worst beer ever. It's by ShockTop and called Honeycrisp Apple Wheat. It's like they took a Jolly Rancher Green Apple candy and turned it into a beer. It's way too sugary for my taste, it really tastes like drinking candy.

• 3 weeks later...

Rogue

Have you tried Rogues voodoo doughnut flavors? I'm curious to get an opinion before I try it. I drink Sea Dogs blueberry wheat and the wife likes their apricot beer so we like it sweet, but a maple bacon doughnut flavored ale sounds scary.