Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unclassified going into a major match

ParaGunner

I got a level 2 match coming up an I am unclassified in single stack.I am going to try to get classified before the match but if I don't- What happens if say I beat all the C class shooters or just how does it pan out if I'm unclassified? Do I get first in the unclassified class?

Edited by KING 45ACP

If you want to come visit us here in the Seattle, Washington, we've got two classifier matches lined up two weekends in a row starting Feb 28.

See http://northwestsection.org/nwscalendar.html

If you know how classifiers are processed, then those dates are particularly fortuitous because all the scores should be in the USPSA system before the 15th when they process the data and update classifications.

- Ants

Thanks guys, I should be able to get classified before the match. I have 4 local matches before the big match and should get the scores in before I go. :cheers:

Just keep in mind that scores have to be uploaded by the 10th of the month to be used in that month's classifier run.

Good luck,

Chuck

Thanks guys, I should be able to get classified before the match. I have 4 local matches before the big match and should get the scores in before I go. :cheers:

Just keep in mind that scores have to be uploaded by the 10th of the month to be used in that month's classifier run.

Good luck,

Chuck

Cool the 4th classifier is going to be on the 6th,I should make it if they turn the scores in soon. :cheers:

Remind them to do so! (sometimes they forget that a few folks have an need for scoring speed).

When is the LII match?

I know that many of the Ohio clubs look to run a "Special Classifier" match toward the first part of the shooting season. (A "Special Classifier" match will be 4-6 classifier stages.)

Miamisburg Sportsmans Club is planning a classifier match March 14th.

I'm thinking that will still miss the date if he is talking about our match "Battle in the Bluegrass" Unless you guys get it in and USPSA runs the update a little late. Roy if you don't get classified don't worry about it just come on down and have a good time.

I'm thinking that will still miss the date if he is talking about our match "Battle in the Bluegrass" Unless you guys get it in and USPSA runs the update a little late. Roy if you don't get classified don't worry about it just come on down and have a good time.

Corey is right. The scores need to be in by the close of business on the 10th in order to make the update on or around the 15th of the month. Unless the 10th happens to fall on a weekend, in which case by the close of business the following Monday.

I always have scores in by midnight the day of the match, and they are paid by our club president the very next day. But we are still at the mercy of the USPSA office.

Edited by Chris Keen

FWIW some matches do have a pretty deep U class. (WSSSC for example). My first big match ever was at High Plains Classic in NM 2 years ago. Scored a nice plaque for second Open Unclassified so I wouldn't worry too much about having a class to shoot in just in case the scores don't get in.

Oh I'm definetly shooting The Battle of the Bluegrass! I only need 3 more classifiers and One of them is going to be this Saturday at Circleville. Then Miamisburg on Feb 14,then I might need SUPER STATS MAN to get my last one in from Circleville on March 6th just in time for USPSA update before The Battle of the Bluegrass on March 20th.

Remind them to do so! (sometimes they forget that a few folks have an need for scoring speed).

Did somebody say they need "Scoring Speed" ???? That sounds like a job for ......... "SUPER STATS MAN"!!!!!1!! :rolleyes::roflol:

:cheers:

Yeah, well, that Mid Carolina Rifle Club Special Classifier match (see Lord High Gomer's post - #7) will be scored by the "SUPER STATS WOMAN" :devil:

What I can guarantee for the 2-13-2010 match - scores and payment are sent to USPSA electronically within 48 hours of the match & all be at the USPSA office in plenty of time for the March update. We do this every year to get classifications update before the SC State Section match & the Area 6 Championship. 6 stages. $15

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico

Come to think of it, I may not be classified for the Battle in the Bluegrass match either.....oh well. I suppose class doesnt matter when you are the highest in the divison, haha (like i have a chance in hell :P ) I am shooting a special classifier match the following weekend I believe so Ill be set after that!