Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning a 10yd Plate Rack

Moltke

Production B class shooter with CZ Shadow ... a blistering 3.75 secs ..... :) (that was back in Sept of last year according to my training records - haven't tried one since ...)

(with my Steel Challenge RFPO gun from the low ready .... 1.78 secs)

Edited by Nimitz

What the hell I'll play, even if it's hard to follow Pat.

Just went out back and tried it, this is the first run, 4.22 out the gate, I did 3 more and just broke into the high 3 second range.

Using a CZ TS 9mm, BT DOH holster.

Unclassified, just a humble 3 gunner with a plate rack in his back yard.

Edited by TonytheTiger

Come on guys, no one else is going to chime in? If it was a thread about the newest muzzle brake we'd be up to 3 pages by now. Skills threads=crickets apparently.

So Moltke, how about your times?

Edited by TonytheTiger

I will be finding out this weekend, haven't done it in a long time but will try to get pistol and shotgun times because why not?? Sorry I don't have a .22 rifle though!!

Alecmc, nice reloading dude, very smooth and fluid movement. I definitely need some more work on my reload times. I'll try and get times next week, haven't run a plate rack in a couple months, its gonna be slowwwwww.

Alecmc, nice reloading dude, very smooth and fluid movement. I definitely need some more work on my reload times. I'll try and get times next week, haven't run a plate rack in a couple months, its gonna be slowwwwww.

Thank you, i can pull out a decent one every once in a while.

Thank you, i can pull out a decent one every once in a while.

Obviously good shooting but that subconscious reload is crazy fast. I've watched that a few times and just see a blur and hear a couple of clicks.

Alec, the shooting was good....but watching that reload brought a tear to my eye...it was that beautiful. :cheers:

To answer the -OP - An upobstructed 6 plate rack from the holster at 10 yards with an open gun for me would be in the 3's - low 3's if I'm rolling, higher if not. It is an exercise in the fundamentals. See what you need to see, squeeze, and repeat - quickly.

Timed it with the shotgun today, all runs where in the 2.6-2.8 range from low ready. No video though, my cameraman had homework to do and the assistant cameraman couldn't be bothered to put clothes on today, much less ear/eye pro....

• 1 month later...

The National Record for the Bianchi Plate rack is 195 under current rules, held by John Pride. That means he shot the 10-yd line in 3 seconds twice, as per standard CoF. On the next run @ 2 seconds, he got 3 plates. All from surrender position.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...