Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

We are happy to announce that the 2008 Area 1 Pistol Championship will be held in Sherwood, Oregon on June 26-29 with the staff match on June 26 and regular competition to occur on June 27-29. This will be a lower entry fee match, under $100.00 with a great prize table. More details will follow as we get them.

Chuck Anderson

2008 Area 1 Sponsor Coordinator

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...it will be on my birthday...that means I'm supposed to win something....right? :rolleyes:

Yep, I can guarantee that if you finish the match you'll win something. Also for those folks with Juniors. The USPSA Junior Invitational Championship will be the following week. The plan is to have some classes and things to do in between the matches. Should be a great time and opportunity to shoot both matches.

Hey, Chuck, Zippy excels at RO'ing long field courses, and might run for valuable prizes... :devil:

I think I'm going to adopt the Bruce Gary "handshake" and punch you in the arm when I see you next! :goof:

I'm sure Oregon has enough capable RO's to run the match....I'm just planning on running IN the match.

not trying to get thinking too far ahead but any idea of the "official" match hotel?

We should be contacting hotels this month for the match hotel. I'll post that info as soon as we have contracts and match rate.

The match hotel in '06 was great...I loved the breakfast (omletes to order) and they had a bar in the hotel.

Thanks for stepp'n up for '08 Chuck!

Hey, Chuck, Zippy excels at RO'ing long field courses, and might run for valuable prizes... :devil:

I think I'm going to adopt the Bruce Gary "handshake" and punch you in the arm when I see you next! :goof:

I'm sure Oregon has enough capable RO's to run the match....I'm just planning on running IN the match.

LMAO... :lol:

Man, June is going to be a busy month.. IRC first weekend in June, N Cal Sectional 3rd weekend in June, and now the Area 1 - 4th weekend in June.. Dang, same weekend as a 22 match I wanted to attend.. decisions, decisions..

Man, June is going to be a busy month.. IRC first weekend in June, N Cal Sectional 3rd weekend in June, and now the Area 1 - 4th weekend in June.. Dang, same weekend as a 22 match I wanted to attend.. decisions, decisions..

Sounds like a real easy decision to me. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The 2008 Area 1 Pistol Championship will be held at Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood, OR. The dates are June 26 for the staff match and June 27-29 for the regular match. At this time we anticipate the entry fee to be $95. This is the same venue as the 2006 A1 Match. The same core group from '06 is putting this match on. You can expect an even more lavish prize table than we had in 2006. We are planning on 12 stages and a fun shoot. The prize table is probably going to be by order of finish instead of a random drawing. We will have a web site up soon with more info and forms.

Tom Chambers

Range Master