Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to announce that Mike Seeklander and Phil Strader from the US Shooting Academy will be teaching a class before this years Area 1. The course dates are June 26-27. This is a two day class at a nearby range (about 30 minutes from the match hotel). After two days of instruction from Mike and Phil the students will be squadded with and shoot the match. Phil and Mike will be able to make corrections of actual match perfmormance as well as showing how they would shoot each stage. This is a great opportunity to learn. The price of the class is $495.00. To register contact Brendan Fitzgerald at 866-441-8772 or 540-287-1941. The class will require at least 750 rounds to complete. This does not include match ammo or entry. Call soon as there are a very limited number of slots for this class and I'm guessing it will fill fast. Course information can be found on the website, http://www.usshootingacademy.com/training/competition/110/

Note: When you sign up for the match make sure you choose the Sat PM/Sun AM squadding option and note that you are in the USSA class on the form. That way we can make sure you are squadded properly.

I'll be there in spirit, but instead I'll be working the trigger at the Winchester/American Handgunner match that same week in Montrose, CO. Conflicts happen.

I 'spose that means Robbie won't be in OR. <_<

Anyone else coming up with a dead website for Area 1 08'?

Yep, it's dead. Don't know why. Our webmaster may be doing some work on it. I know I've been working him like a slave driver to add all the Sponsors to the website.

The website was being transfered from one server to another...its working now.

All -

Apologies for the downtime during the server switchover. Our "promised" date was 23 Dec with a 24-hr max turnaround.

Well, you know how THAT turned out.

I'm happy to report, though, that the site is once again functional (as of 1700 PST Wed 26 Dec 07)...

i hadn't tried any links when i posted last as i was able to view the main page and thought all was well. it's is not working fully because when i tried to go to any of the links it comes up "page not found".

the internet "gods" must be listening. website is fully functional now.

Edited by dr2e

Mmmkaaay.....got the time off from work.....made my airlines res.....now to book a room and send in my app :)

? In an attempt to save one night room expenses I am scheduled to arrive in PDX at 11:15pm on Thursday. Then went back to look at the schedule of events and discovered I will miss the registration and shooter's meeting on Thursday :o . Can I register on Friday...at the range...or :blush: ????

:bow:

Yep, you can register at the range but you'll miss the raffle prizes that we're giving away at the shooters meeting. For those who didn't make it in 2006, we'll be raffling off a lot of cool stuff including a gun at the shooters meeting. Makes it worth coming.

Thanks Chuck

That's cool you are doing a raffle at the shooter's meeting, I'm sure that will attract a lot of interest.

I'm coming to shoot and see friends :cheers: and make new ones too :)

B)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As I said before, the Sat/Sun shooting schedules are all full. The Fri/Sat schedules are about half full as well, there are only about 45-50 spots left on those days and we're getting about 20-30 apps a week. So if you don't want to shoot the match in one day on Friday, we need to get your app soon. As a bonus for those folks that are shooting on Fri and will be in the night before for the shooters meeting we will be raffling off some prizes at that meeting like we did in 2006. You must be there to win though. And to make it worth your while, one of those prizes will be a firearm.

For those folks that can't make it to the shooters meeting on Thursday, we will have a brief shooters meeting before each shooting period begins. You'll get the information you need to shoot, just no chance at that gun from the Thursday meeting.

• 3 weeks later...

Fri PM/Sat AM is essentially full. There are only two to three spots left. Fri AM/Sat PM is about half full and Fri AM/PM is pretty open. The match is about 3/4 full. If you don't want to miss out, get your app in soon.

There has also been a lot of confusion about squadding. Some of that is probably my fault since this is the first time I've squadded a match this side. Couple of things. If you request a shooting period, we will honor that before squadding requests. So if you an your buddy request to be squadded together but you pick different days, you're not going to be shooting together. If you pick a shooting period where there are only a couple spots left scattered across three different squads, you might not be shooting together. I'm not going to move someone who has a squadding request in, and who got their app to us in a timely manner, it's just not fair. We'll do our best to get everyone on a workable schedule, but the sooner you get apps in the better chance we have of getting you where you want to shoot.

Chuck