Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo getting hung up in Bladetech

LeviSS

I ordered the bladetech since comptac did not have any for the lim pro and I've dealt with the same troubles. I thought I wanted a comptac, but after seeing the RHT that's on my list now! 

Does anyone know if the RHT sits close enough to the waist to remain IDPA legal? (pass the dowel test)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Red Hill double layer competition holsters are the best I've run across.

I hear springer stocks them.

Wish I wpuld have seen this earlier today!

2 minutes ago, NWfront said:

The issues I had with it and my S2 were caused by how loose it fit the dust cover. It would rock over a 1/4".  I imagine the Lim Pro would be swimming in it. 

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the information.

11 hours ago, ClintMorris said:

On RHT website they don't specifically list the limited pro, but they do list "Limited/Stock 2" Does anyone know if that particular model will also fit a Limited Pro?

My son's lim pro fits snug in his RHT holster. 

When I got my limited pro, I called RHT. They gave me the impression that nothing would work particularly well. It's interesting to hear that the stock 2 holster works well for you even though the stock 2 has a quarter inch shorter barrel than the limited pro. I might have to give it a shot after all

SSI Scales:

http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/Scale-Grips_c2.htm

I ran them (even hand checkered the 2.0s to get even more traction) until I got a set of Patriot Defense palmswells. Assuming I am still happy with them after a few matches, I'm selling the scales.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

My stock3 hangs up in my Bladetech. I took the hanger off and mounted it to my belt. Much smoother now. I think the hanger gave too much flex when drawing. I am looking into other holsters including the rht.

1 hour ago, mike4045 said:

My stock3 hangs up in my Bladetech. I took the hanger off and mounted it to my belt. Much smoother now. I think the hanger gave too much flex when drawing. I am looking into other holsters including the rht.

If you like the holster body otherwise? Buy the BOSS hanger from the ben Stoeger pro shop without a holster body and bolt yours to it.

No one deserves to use the garbage DOH blade tech hanger. Until they switch to something as stiff as the BOSS they don't have any idea how mediocre it was.

They are both well made and you can't really go wrong with either.  The advantage I see with the Boss is the piece that attaches to the belt is longer giving it more support against your hip.  You can really grip down on the gun if need be and the holster stays vertical.

Edited by NWfront

On 6/26/2017 at 8:41 PM, johnbu said:

Red Hill double layer competition holsters are the best I've run across.

I hear springer stocks them.

My experience (3) has been that when they fit the gun well they are really nice, but I've had more consistency of fit with blade tech. 1 is excellent but the other 2 just ok. 

10 hours ago, ClintMorris said:

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Springer precision/RHT holster hanger vs the BOSS holster hanger and what's their preference? 

There is/was somebody making an aluminum version for less that half price. I've got one that I bought here from an individual for $30 and a lot of the local guys use them, works fine, perhaps somebody remembers where to get them?