Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Berrys USPSA Area 1 Championship

I didn't shoot very well at O Nats and my confidence in shooting was shaken. Iron sighted gun still feels more familiar and I really gel well with my Prod gun. 

Odd as it sounds O Nats was a diversion because I could. I'm not shooting CO the rest f th year.  Just some Lim/L1 here and there but Prod is the focus. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Optics Nats had much longer shots, much more of them. Things were apparent. A1 looked close and easy on the ground, but was a suck you into mistakes by being deceptive. In my opinion Nats was a much harder match. But I had more fun in the shooting of A1.

39 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Stage 13 results are missing.  Does anyone know why it was pulled?

I've heard that the wind destroyed the stage and it couldn't be duplicated exactly the same way.

8 hours ago, HI5-O said:

It was a great match, again ?  

Thanks to all who made it happen. 

Good to finally meet you Barry! You are most welcome. considering the weather and such, the match went pretty well. Ken said that his staff was 97 people. It is amazing the amount of effort that it takes to run a near 600 shooter match! It looks like you had a reasonable match considering JJ was just on fire! I need to get over there and get in some reload practice! ;)

Aloha!

21 hours ago, Hammer said:

Stage 13 results are missing.  Does anyone know why it was pulled?

I worked stage 13 during the main match. One of the barrel stacks was placed incorrectly after the storm allowing it to be seen from a previously unseen shooting position. One squad was shot through the stage before it was realized. It was then 'fixed' with the idea that squad would just have to re-shoot the stage. However, the barrel stack was still incorrect and no one knew until the afternoon shooters came up and mentioned you shouldn't be able to see a double stack target array from a particular port. It was then determined to toss the stage.

The weather really destroyed that stage and we tried very hard to get it fixed properly. It just didn't happen unfortunately so we ran it as a side match. All things being equal, I'm pretty happy the stage was tossed from the match however. It was a tough stage.

Edited by robertwyatt

It was a great match (and my first major)despite having to shoot stage 7-12 Friday morning in the nastiness. Wish I could've shot everything in the dry/almost dry to see where I really stood overall as I'm trying to get better. Also, Robert thanks for being an awesome RO for 13 even though it was thrown out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/13/2017 at 2:34 PM, rowdyb said:

hmmmm, a stage entitled "Let's get Rowdy" that is full of small poppers and swingers..... Seems to be about right.

I shot that stage first on thursday morning, freezing my buns off and not really having much clue about the swinger behavior. Worst stage of the match for me. would have loved to have been last shooter on that stage.

I made a mental note to try to look you up in introduce myself but once the main match got going we were extremely busy.

Edited by motosapiens

2 hours ago, XDMgunchamp278 said:

It was a great match (and my first major)despite having to shoot stage 7-12 Friday morning in the nastiness. Wish I could've shot everything in the dry/almost dry to see where I really stood overall as I'm trying to get better. Also, Robert thanks for being an awesome RO for 13 even though it was thrown out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed! A big thank you to Robert for RO'ing it. That tally on his hand, tho. :o