ogiebb

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

The RTS2 looks nice, I'm going back and forth between a RTS2 and a Burris Fastfire III. There is a significant price difference but that is not what's giving me pause with the RTS2 - it's the 6MOA dot. The FFIII has a 8MOA dot and sounds nice to, but I like the RTS2 with the Cheely mount as the pics show.

One of the primary ranges I shoot USPSA at here has the sun behind us, which frequently washes out a lot of typical CMores with 6MOA dots, 8 or more seem to be ok - but the micro-sights, being lower and not as much glass might not have that issue.

Can someone who has actually used one during a match in bright sunlight tell me if they had dot wash out issues with the RTS2 (6moa dot)?

Anyone have experience with shifting from a 90-mounted cmore to the rts? How was the change?

just a tad higher but nothing to change your entire hold of your gun..im going to switch all of my open guns to RTS 2's as soon as more funds get available

I just picked one up and put it on my steelmaster. I run a upright Cmore slideride on my USPSA gun. The RTS 2 is quite a bit lower than a upright Cmore, close to a sideways mount. I've only practiced with it, not shot it in a match yet. But I really liked it. Making me think about going that route on other guns...

I switched from an upright Cmore to the RTS2. So far, after a couple of range sessions and two indoor matches, I'm really happy with the move. I like the index point better, less bulk of the dot compared to the slideride, etc. Hoping I stay this happy with time!

Hmmm... Thanks for your opinions guys! I'm happy with the side mount cmore as far as function goes. I don't really see the body of the sight at all, so it doesn't bother me.

I just don't like the way the 90° cmore looks. And that matters to me! And the fact that I'm a typical open shooter and can't leave things alone, always searching for that better mouse trap...

I was near the initial phase of a build and was looking at scope options. I picked up an RTS2 and Matt Cheely's mount. I received the mount the other day.

very nice mount...I also put one of Matt's "shorty" slide racker.

Thanks to Matt to being prompt on his email replies and sending out the mount

Here is a few pictures from the build. Its and STI standard frame cut down to commander length. 9mm Major with the Dawson Awesome comp. My buddy are the brains behind the build.

I still have to do some finishing...but the gun is functional.

Quick update on the RTS 2 mount..

the initial sight in, I could not get the scope to center..it was too HIGH at 25 yards. We noticed that some other mounts out there have a 1 deg cant that allows for a good range of adjustment. As it turns our there was a clearance issue with the reverse plug that was causing the issue. we are good now. Through this Matt was very responsive an offered a good alternative if my gun needed something custom. Fortunately, it was something that could be easily resolved and was not related to the mount.

Another question/observation that came up was the fact that the scope/dot mounts slightly off center to the left....Matt mentioned that this is on purpose and aesthetically it looked funny the top of the mount was extended to center the scope. Thinking though this, that sounds reasonable. Having the scope off center to the left does not affect the accuracy (enough to matter) at any distance. I test fired the gun at several distances..I was able to hit the A zone off hand at 40 yrds consistently with this setup. this is pretty good given that I'm not much of a bulls-eye guy.

The site on the gun comes up naturally for me. I've run a open rim fire gun before with the classic cmore. I like the positioning of the dot better with the RTS2.

I'm very happy with the RTS mount and Matt's support.

I've included a couple more pics showing the progress on the gun. We finished it this week with Cerakote.

post-39716-0-53862300-1389845538_thumb.j

post-39716-0-09096400-1389845553_thumb.j

Hmmm... Thanks for your opinions guys! I'm happy with the side mount cmore as far as function goes. I don't really see the body of the sight at all, so it doesn't bother me.

I just don't like the way the 90° cmore looks. And that matters to me! And the fact that I'm a typical open shooter and can't leave things alone, always searching for that better mouse trap...

Now tell the truth you only want one because I'm going to run one once it gets here

One of the guys at our club has changed over to this setup and he likes it.

If I needed a blast shield because of barrel holes, I would go this route since the sideways mounts won't let you use a shield.

Also, this setup clears the path for ejected brass.

Maybe in the future, the RTS2 will be available with a larger dot.

Nice but too expensive for me to switch over my guns to this.

One of the guys at our club has changed over to this setup and he likes it.

If I needed a blast shield because of barrel holes, I would go this route since the sideways mounts won't let you use a shield.

Also, this setup clears the path for ejected brass.

Maybe in the future, the RTS2 will be available with a larger dot.

Nice but too expensive for me to switch over my guns to this.

RTS2 has a model with 6 MOA dot now.

I have had four Burris Fastfire IIIs at various times and while they are a great sight for the money, my problem with them is they just are not nearly bright enough on a bright sunny day. I have had a RTS for some time (on a S&W 41 with a Clark Custom barrel) and it is great on a sunny day on full-bright manual mode, but the automatic dimming circuit does not work very well - at reduced light levels (i.e. near dusk or at an indoor range) the dot is WAY too bright. At the recommendation of C-More, I put a piece of blue painter's masking tape over the photocell, and then I still had to color over it with a black Sharpie marker. It works OK that way, but is a compromise on either setting in some lighting conditions. For that reason I very recently bought a RTS2 to replace the FFIII on my Magnum Research .22 steel gun, and I am pleased enough with it that I just ordered another to go on a Marvel 1911 conversion. I got them here for $364: Gunbroker Listing # 389844895.

I just viewed them side by side, and I have to admit the Fastfire III's dot is noticeably larger. On the other hand, I think the dot on the RTS2 is easier to acquire, because it has a larger viewing lens.

you must be looking at the 3.5 min version, cause the 7 moa is much brighter and clearer than the FFIII's 8 min dot.