Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me about Millenium Customs

promod1385

Derek is a great smith. I have one built by him and will not hesitate to go to him to have him build me another. I have friends who also have at least one built by Derek and they are all good.

As far as worrying about having a life long smith that would look after your baby, why would you worry about that. If for some reason Derek can no longer build/fix guns, there are others that can do the job just as well.

Well I didn't end up buying a Millenium and I am pretty happy I didn't. I still haven't gotten an e-mail back with info on building another top end and supplying some magazines.

I will gladly take my business to another smith.

Not trying to poo poo on anyone's opinion of Millenium customs but if they cant respond to an e-mail from someone who is trying to buy from them I can only imagine how poor there customer service would be should someone actually have a problem they need corrected.

Edited by promod1385

Well I didn't end up buying a Millenium and I am pretty happy I didn't. I still haven't gotten an e-mail back with info on building another top end and supplying some magazines.

Not trying to poo poo on anyone's opinion of Millenium customs but if they cant respond to an e-mail from someone who is trying to buy from them I can only imagine how poor there customer service would be should someone actually have a problem they need corrected.

So, what did you buy??? Rock Island, Iver Johnson? :devil: I do know how you feel though...being a perfect person in an imperfect world is a bit of a pain

I have had Derek tune several factory guns, as well as a really nice Limited gun I purchased 2nd hand that was built by another top smith. Derek has been great. I am lucky as I live about 20 minutes away, so I just drive to his shop. That said, his work is flawless. Derek built me a custom SS that is so sweet it is silly. This thing was built for the box, and weight (43 oz) to run-and-gun in the SS arena. It is a pure competition piece of artwork :)

It seems the OP bought someone else's work, not worries, but I just wanted to give some feedback on MC

I called and talked to him 2 times over last 2 weeks early in the mornings with no problem. I was sort and sweet with him and he gave me answers that I needed... Long story short my gun will be headed there in a few weeks..

• 1 year later...

Texted Derek earlier today and he responded in less than a minute. Not sure where the poor communication comments come from. Both my Limited gun and Open gun run - no issues. Straight shooting guy to deal with. Nice guy who builds world class IPSC guns.

+1 on Derek's work. Took a second hand Para 16 Limited built for Limited to him. Wanted upgraded sights, trigger, Aftec extractor, deepen the throat to run 1.2 and some feed ramp work. Said he'd call me when done. Yes, it took 2 months but the result was everything you could ever want in a Limited gun. Wasn't cheap but good and cheap is an oxymoron. When he gave it back he just smiled and said he found a few things he didn't like and resolved them also. I've put something over 5K thru the gun in competition and range time. Runs 1 1/2" at 25 yards if I do my part and hasn't stuttered once. Quality work takes time and $. Don't expect anything else. There are a lot of excellent 'smiths out here and it takes time to ferret them out. Most don't bother to advertise because word of mouth keeps them backlogged and frequently too busy to indulge in general conversation. All I can say is get in line or try your luck elsewhere, Mebbe somebody local to you to save shipping. Betcha' they'd appreciate it and do their best 'cause word about mediocre work gets around fast. How do you think the "top" guys got the reputation? Time and effort Bub, time and effort!

• 2 weeks later...

Hell I'm in the top 3. Can't forget a face cant remember a name. It's a curse ? Lol

I currently rank in the top 4-5 nationwide for being lousy with names so I just smile and call everybody Bub. :goof:

Yeah, my wife knows the names of my relatives better than I do. Been shooting the same local match for years and still can't remember all the names until I'm on the score board.

So, what did you buy??? Rock Island, Iver Johnson? :devil: I do know how you feel though...being a perfect person in an imperfect world is a bit of a pain

LMAO!!!!!!!! that is too funny!

ACTUALLY............................HE BOUGHT A KIMBER! :goof:

Geez, I know at least one top gunsmith that will talk to anyone, anytime about one of his guns.huh.gifTo the OP. This is the time of year many gunsmiths, parts makers etc go off to some big matches just like some of us normal folks. I'm sure he will get back to you soon. If he doesn't just find another good smith to make what you need.:cheers:

+1

Even at 10pm

I've been around long enough to know he builds great competition guns, but if you need service closer to home there is a guy in SW Minnesota the builds Sherwyn and Nick Greenfields blasters. They are pretty happy with his work. My builder is 126 miles away but drivable when I need something bad