Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

i-Kam Xtreme Video Glasses

niedlaw

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a pair of Eagle 1 audio video sunglasses at the QVC store in Myrtle Beach. They were only $62.00 with their discount. I will try and post some video next week from the range.

I have been playing around with them, the only thing I would like to see is a bigger lens. I generally a little larger lens. But, over all I like them.

QVC : Product Detail

H164863

PhotosVideos

Eagle-I Built-in Video/Audio_Recording Camera Sunglass

Retail Value: $192.00

QVC Price: $97.00

Introductory Price:

$87.60

Shipping & Handling: $5.22

Save! Buy two or more and save on S & H.

See Details

Select Quantity:

Select Gift Options:

72%of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

46 Customer Reviews Write a Review

Share this Product:

Community Q&A27 Questions | 27 Answers View All

Watch and learn more about the Eagle-I Recording Sunglasses.

• Video Quick Tour.

• Video Footage Shot with These Sunglasses.

• Video Quick Start Guide.

Edited by cyburg

Using the i-KAM XTREME 3.0 in an eight hour practice session last week I noticed a few thingsyou might find useful. even though the camera is only in inch from your dominant eye, it does not line up with the sights on your pistol or shotgun. You cannot see the hits. On the rifle, all you see is the front of the scope. The storage capacity of the glasses filled up before the battery wore down and I am guessing I have less than 1.5 hours of video. The version I have supports a small card, same as my cell phone, so I will try that next time out. All in all, the quality is pretty good and they are great for capturing another shooter. The eye pinch has been mentioned, and is present...not sure how you would make them more comfortable since all practical ways involve heat and bending.

Two tecnical issues I can't figure out:

1. I cannot upload two videos to my computer, but 4 uploaded fine

2. While playing them back on my computer, the sound does not match up to the picture, sound goes faster...any advice???

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another version of the iKam glasses for only $29.99.

http://bensoutlet.co...deo-Sunglasses#

Those are a 1.3 MP and the I-Kam are a 3.0 MP which is a huge difference. Is it worth another $140? That I cannot answer. If someone has those, link us to a video. Here's a video of mine with the 3.0MP. I'm pretty happy with mine. You cannot see the sights of the gun because I am right eye dominant, so you most likely would not be able to see the dot on a C-More. The video devise is between your eyes.

I got a pair of the $29 pair from Bens-outlet. With shipping it was $34 out the door. They arrived quickly, and I am now trying to get them to work. I figured for $34 why not give it a try.

I can get them to recognize the SD card, and previous stuff that was on it, but the camera does not want to turn on. I have a call into tech-support, we'll see how it turns out. If it was $34 well spent, or a fews days brown-bagging it to work instead. :unsure: I'll let you know it turns out.

Here are two stages from last week where I tried them out in an actual match. All 5 are also posted at my FB account.

i-Kam Put a round into the hard cover and had to make it up as I was moving too fast. Saw it as I was dumping the mag for a reload, made for an interesting time.

ikam again timed the swinger wrong and threw a mike on it, rushed on the steel to get back to it and used up all the available rounds to be able to re-engage. Stupid.

I picked up a couple pairs of those $29 sunglasses from BensOutlet.

They donot have the resolution that the i-Kam ones do, but it is still more than enough for posting to youtube or any other site that is going to significantly decrease the quality of your video.

The instructions are so bad they are almost comical. I still haven't figured out how to change the date/time. The instructions mention creating a TXT file in the root dir of the memory card and placing the date/time in there. I tried creating SetTime and SetTime.txt, a placed many different variations of date/time formats but it never seemed to work.

It only has two buttons and 2 lights and they don't seem to work consistently. The best that I can figure out from the instructions is to press the rear one to turn it on and then press the front one to take a picture. If you hold down the front one, it will start recording audio and video. Sometimes the power light seems to go off and on without any apparent consistency.

Last weekend I tried to use it to video a few of the stages I shot as well as a few other people that I "watched" as they shot. Out of about 20 or 30 clips that I tried to record, I only actually got about 5 because I was never sure if I was turing it off or back on, if I was starting or stopping recording, etc.

For $30 and another $20 for an 8GB card, if and once I figure out how to reliably operate it, I think it will be worth the money.

I did figure out how to set the time on them. If you create a text file in the root directory of the memory card and name it Time.txt it should have one line with the date and time in a format similar to the following:

2010.04.28 14.25.00

When the sunglasses are powered on, they will read that file, set the time, and delete the file.

I bought my IKam's from Speed Shooter Specialties from the forum dealer section on here. So far they have been great. I can not wait for the 3 gun match this month to try them again.

Video from today. Make note, this is the 3.0 version and not the 1.5 (not the el cheapo).

Thks for posting. Barrels were soft cover??LOL. Stages looked fun. First video I have seen of you shoot. Good job. Loved the transitions on the head shots.

Keep us updated on the I-Kam. I'm interested in them.

Flyin

Wow! The slow speed reload was faster than my full speed!

Yes, the cheap one has a date/time. If you need it for work and want something that will dependably capture video, I wouldn't recommend the cheap one. I got two pairs (one for me and one for my son). All too often I am turning it off when I think I am turning it on or vice-versa. At the end of the day when I check what I recorded I usually only get half of what I thought I tried to record.

This shows the date/time. The RO even laughed at me when I went for my next mag with my left hand and tried to hit the mag release button with my right. I didn't do much better the second time.

I think these glasses have a high "This is cool" factor. But it really truncates what you are seeing during a stage run. Seeing your hands in front of you and the gun cycling as you shoot can't be used for much as part of an improvement tool. I would much rather have a third person view vantage point of my shooting so I can see my movement, foot work, and body placement during the stage run. You can learn a lot more about your shooting from a third person vantage point verses a first person vantage point.

Edited by CHA-LEE

When replaying the stage in my head while I watch it on the i-kam, and recalling the hits, I can actually see where I was leaving the target early, where my eyes were already gone and the shot had not broke. That has a value.

I could never see that on 3rd party video. Nor could I really "see" where my feet were, what my position was, etc.

Each has a value, it's in what the shooter viewing them perceives that value to be.

I think these glasses have a high "This is cool" factor. But it really truncates what you are seeing during a stage run. Seeing your hands in front of you and the gun cycling as you shoot can't be used for much as part of an improvement tool. I would much rather have a third person view vantage point of my shooting so I can see my movement, foot work, and body placement during the stage run. You can learn a lot more about your shooting from a third person vantage point verses a first person vantage point.

I disagree, I think the first person view is just as beneficial as the second. There are things you cannot see from anywhere else other than behind the gun. You are right though that you cannot see foot work, but you can see your movement and its relation to stage props as well as your body placement. There are benefits to both view points. Neither of them is an end all, but I prefer watching my stage from my own perspective as well as that of my wife (who runs the camera for me).

This is completely true, but I don't plan on just using the iKam by itself, rather an addition to allow me to see both a First person view, and have it play along with a 3rd person view.

Edited by DocMedic

Well, I was never able to get the cheapies to work, so I sent them back. BensOutlet took them back, but at the time they did not have any left to send another pair, so they refunded my money. It appears that they have them in stock again, but I think I will just save up for the actual I-kams.