Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's see a GPS unit fast enough for this

noticed there was someone riding shotgun im that boat - besides spending all his time trying not to pee himelf, what exactly does the passenger do in that sport?

The passenger directs the driver (with hand signals) through the course. Left turn Right turn, straight etc

Similar to the co-driver in a rally car

Did you notice that there is a guy (some kind of official?) standing on one of the land masses. You couldn't pay me enough to do that!

It can definitely get pretty sporty!!! Watch for the orange shirt towards the end of the video. :surprise:

http://www.jokeroo.com/video/extreme/jet-boat-crash.html

Edited by smokshwn

I think that is one boating sport that drowning wouldn't be too likely. I think you'd likely end up in the parking lot anyway you crash.

Smokin - I should've watched that first...I was right enough :wacko: AWESOME first person vid <not gruesome>

Edited by hk_mtbr

Top shelf aviation units probably could keep up...they have to be able to handle a jet going 150mph and keep them within a few feet on approach. I think the F1 teams were using GPS telemetry at one point as well.

I still wouldn't want to be the freakin' passenger/co-driver. Who signs up for that? Yeah, let this guy scare the crap out of me while he gets all the fun!

Co-Pilot on those things is one step ahead of swinger in a sidecar unit. Both types have a white van waiting for them at the end of the meet to take them back to their happy place.

I had a freind who raced on rivers alot, and his boat was a little less manouverable than those but WAY quicker. We nearly got busted one day cutting through a boat club at close on 100mph. They were not so pleased, the local Police never found out it was us but they looked real hard at us.